London is one of the most dynamic, exciting and culturally diverse cities in the world. Study at Cass and take advantage of all that London has to offer - from entertainment and nightlife to West End theatres, museums and world-famous shopping districts and markets.
Nowhere else can you find such a colourful variety of things to do, places to visit and people to meet. At Cass, you'll be surrounded by events and opportunities. Just take your pick.
Live in the centre of London
Cass is in Travel Zone 1, in the centre of London. It's close to several tube lines so it's easy to travel around. You're just a few tube stops away from the British Library and London's West End, including Oxford Street and Covent Garden. Plus, students get a 30% discount on the cost of a weekly travelcard.
Some activities you can do
- Enjoy Islington. A few minutes' walk from Cass, you'll find Upper Street, Islington, a mile-long road that has more bars and restaurants than any other street in the UK. Islington is also home to an arts cinema, theatres and the Sadler's Wells dance venue
- Discover London nightlife. London nightlife is famous all over the world. On any night of the week you'll find a huge range of club, comedy and music events going on, many of which are free or discounted for students
- See art, music, theatre and dance. Every week you can find thousands of exciting cultural events across London - and many give student discounts. Try Tate Modern, The Royal Festival Hall , the National Theatre and Sadler's Wells
- Explore the world's knowledge.The British Library, has 14 million books, 920,000 journal and newspaper titles and three million sound recordings. Students can access this extraordinary collection once they have a free Reader Pass. Its just two tube stops from City (Angel to Euston on the Northern line)
- Free entry to museums. The permanent exhibitions of some of Britain's best-known and best-loved museums are free for anyone to see. Don't miss The British Museum, The Victoria and Albert Museum and The Natural History Museum
- Take a walk in the park. London has many open spaces, making it one of the greenest capitals in the world. Try the outdoor sports areas and open air theatre at Regent's Park , row a boat on the Serpentine lake in Hyde Park, or enjoy one of the best views of London from Parliament Hill on Hampstead Heath
- Be part of the cultural mix. London is one of the world's most multi-cultural cities, with over 300 languages spoken. Meet people from every corner of the globe and make the most of London's rich cultural mix
- Connect with London business. London is a major international hub for a wide range of industries - including finance, creative and media. Cass's location and links with the City of London make it the perfect place not only to study, but to also build networks which will carry you through your career.
Get closer to future employers
Cass' location is great for your career, too. It is based in the heart of the City of London, where a quarter of the world's largest financial companies have their European headquarters. We'll help you make the most of our strong links with the City's international corporations to set your career on the right track.
Develop your professional and extra-curricular skills
As a Cass student you can develop your professional skills by joining any of our business clubs. You can also take part in various sports and leisure activities. Cass Business School offers over 30 different clubs and societies, covering a huge range of interests.
Clubs and societies
Join one of our many clubs and societies to sharpen up your business skills, develop your leisure interests or enjoy playing your favourite sport. Many Cass clubs and societies are professional and Career based, others focus on cultural pursuits or sporting activities
Our Clubs and Societies offer students the chance to meet and network informally with each other and with professionals from across the financial world. A full list of clubs are available on the campus groups website.
- Cass business clubs gather together like-minded individuals who want to hone their business skills in specific sectors. Subjects vary from actuaries, finance, banking, consultancy and marketing.
- Cass culture and leisure clubs cater for enthusiasts of a wide range of interests including poker and expeditionaries.
- Cass sports clubs include golf, football, basketball and rugby.
City events and sports facilities
Cass undergraduates can take advantage of all the social events run by City University Students' Union, and also have full access to City's sports and leisure facilities, including gym classes and team sports. As undergraduate students at Cass, you will have access to a whole host of academic, social and entertainment events.
All Cass students have access to City's Student Centre which offers a wide range of comprehensive advice and support.
The Student Centre can help you:
- Find somewhere to live - in halls or private rented housing
- Get help as an international student - including advice on visas and immigration
- Make payments - for course tuition fees etc
- Look after your health and well-being - a Health Service provides medical support
- Get extra support for learning - assistance for dyslexia or disabilities, and study groups
- Deal with financial issues - the Financial Support Advisor is there to help
- Explore faith and prayer - find facilities to practise your faith on campus
- Make appeals and complaints - the Centre can help if you have a problem to report.