Scholarships and loans
There are a number of ways you can finance your study alongside living expenses whilst as Bayes. There are a number of different options available to you including loans for tuition fees and for living costs, as well as grants and bursaries.
There are a variety of funding options for all levels of study, including loans, grants and undergraduate scholarships Find out more about funding and financing your time at City here.
2021 scholarships are outlined below with further information:
Bayes Business School International Scholarship 2021
Bayes Business School is offering a 25% scholarship of £4,875 to International and EU students paying overseas fees and starting a Business School undergraduate course from Year 1 in September 2021. The scholarship will be awarded as a discount in the fee amount due in the first year of their study.
The scholarship is for students who achieve exceptional grades in the international qualifications accepted by the Business School and their final grades must surpass the advertised academic entry criteria for the course and their offer requirement.
To qualify for the International Scholarship for 2021/22 entry, you must:
- Be a student expecting to pay Overseas fees
- Be in your first year of undergraduate study in 2021/22
- Starting in year 1 of your degree at the Business School of City, University of London, from September 2021
- Be expected to achieve academic grades that exceed the conditions of your offer and the advertised academic criteria
- Make City your Firm choice, either as Conditional Firm (CF) or Unconditional Firm (UF), by the UCAS response deadline of 10th June 2021.
If you are an international student with A-level or International Baccalaureate qualifications you will not be eligible for this scholarship. However you may be eligible for other scholarships on our website.
Registration and deadline
The process for applying for the Business School International Scholarship is as follows:
- All EU and International applicants who submitted an application by the 29th January 2021 (and have not been made unsuccessful) will be contacted with details of how to apply for the scholarship.Applicants who applied after the UCAS deadline of 29th January 2021, must contact our Admissions team at email@example.com if they are interested in applying for the scholarship, and will be sent a scholarship application via email.
- Applicants will have until Friday 11th June 2021 to submit an application for the scholarship. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
- Applications will only be considered if an applicant selects City as their ‘firm’ choice and are due to enrol with us in September 2021.
- Following the 11th June 2021 scholarship deadline, the panel will assess each application based on their final academic results, selecting applicants who have demonstrated the highest performance and who have chosen City as their ‘firm’ choice university.Note that those selected must have exceeded the advertised entry requirement, but exceeding those requirements does not guarantee an award.
- Applicants who have passed Stage two will be informed via email by the 7th September 2021 and told that they will be progressing to the final stage of the application process.
- Only applicants who have successfully completed the first two stages of the scholarship application will be assessed in this stage.
- Applicants must have completed registration in full. The deadline for 2021 registrations will be 21 days after the first day of term (welcome week). This date will be updated on the terms and conditions once the 2021-22 academic year dates have been published.
- Students who have met the above requirements will be written to be informed that they have been awarded the scholarship after the in-person registration deadline (date to be confirmed soon).
- Successful recipients of the scholarship will receive the amount of £4,875 as a discount to their year 1 tuition fee and the amount will be subtracted from their January 2022 tuition fee instalment.
Undergraduate Admissions team at firstname.lastname@example.org
President's International Scholarship
City offered scholarships of £9,000 each year towards tuition fees to international students starting an undergraduate course at City in September 2021.
The scholarship is aimed at students who achieve exceptional grades at 'A' level or International Baccalaureate.
Selection and further details
Eligible applicants will be contacted directly with an invitation to register for the scholarship. If you believe you should have received an email or have deleted or lost your email invitation, please contact the Admissions team, by completing the form, and choosing Scholarships in the enquiry category.
Registrations for 2021 entry must be submitted by 30th September 2021 in order to be considered for the scholarship. Please note that if you have not registered for the scholarship by 30th September 2021 we will not be able to consider your application. By applying for this scholarship, you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms and conditions of the scholarship as set out in the tabs below.
The Lord Mayor of London Scholarships for Academic Excellence
If you are starting an undergraduate course at City in September 2021 a scholarship of £4,675 is available for your first year, subject to confirmation of your qualifications being eligible.
Selection and further details
To qualify for The Lord Mayor of London Scholarship for Academic Excellence in 2021/22, you must:
- be a student from the UK or European Union (EU);
- be in your first year of undergraduate study in 2021/22;
- achieve 'A' Level grades of AAA (or equivalents in other eligible qualifications);
- make City your Firm choice (CF or UF) or be placed through Clearing.
The Sekforde Scholarships
Sekforde Pubs is offering five students a scholarship worth £12,000 to those who demonstrate outstanding academic ability. This scholarship requires the recipients to have a desire and ability to create a fairer and more sustainable world.
Your application must include:
- A personal statement with name, address, email address and mobile telephone number.
- Your Curriculum Vitae
- A closed academic reference (not seen by applicant)
- A closed personal reference (not seen by applicant)
Applications must be sent or delivered by hand to the Trustees of The Sekforde House Trust Limited by Tuesday, 14th September 2021.
The Sekforde House Trust Limited
34 Sekforde Street,
Interviews will be held on Monday, 21st September 2021.
Future Finance Loans
Future Finance offers students loans of between £2,000 and £40,000 to help cover tuition fees and living expenses. All students and courses are considered. All loans are subject to credit checks and approval for further details please visit the Future Finance website.