Introduction to Finance
- Aneel Keswani completed his PhD at London Business School, and worked as an economist for a commodities research company . Aneel taught at both LSE and Lancaster University before coming to Cass, and has also consulted for various investment banks. His main research area is fund management and he is a Director of the Centre for Asset Management Research at Cass.
- Sonia Falconieri joined the faculty of Finance at Cass in September 2009. Her research interests are in Corporate Finance; specifically she has been working on Initial Public Offerings, Takeovers and the financing side of Public Private Partnerships among others. Her articles have been published in some major journals such as the JEEA, the Review of Finance and Financial Management.
Introduction to Quantitative Methods
- Professor Richard Payne is an empirical finance researcher with a background in quantitative research, both in academia and as a quantitative equity trader.
- Dr Mamdouh Medhat is an Assistant Professor of Finance at Cass. His research is on theoretical and empirical asset pricing. He holds a PhD in Finance from Copenhagen Business School, an MSc in Mathematics-Economics from the University of Copenhagen, and has been a visiting researcher at Stanford University. He has 5 years of industry experience as a risk management analyst at the Danish mortgage bank Nykredit.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Professor Scott Moeller, is the Director of the Cass Mergers and Acquisitions Research Centre and an ex M&A practitioner. M&A is taught by Scott and a team comprising Anh Tran, Naaguesh Appadu and Valeriya Vitkova.
Shipping Markets & Finance
- Nikos Nomikos commenced his career at the Baltic Exchange as Senior Market Analyst where he was responsible for the development of the shipping indices that are currently used in the market as pricing benchmarks. For the last 10 years he has been with the Faculty of Finance at Cass Business School, where he is also the Director of the MSc course in Shipping, Trade and Finance.
- Nikos Papapostolou is a Senior Lecturer in Shipping Finance at the Costas Grammenos Centre for Shipping, Trade and Finance. He holds a BSc in Money, Banking and Finance from the University of Birmingham, an MSc in Shipping, Trade and Finance and a PhD in Finance from City, University of London. He is involved in Shipping Finance Executive training in collaboration with the Baltic Exchange and acts as a consultant to industry clients.
Computational Finance & Financial Modelling
- Ioannis Kyriakou is a Senior Lecturer at Cass. He holds a PhD in Finance. Previously he worked for Lloyd’s Treasury and Investment Management on Lloyd’s Investment Risk Model for measuring the market and credit risks under the Solvency II Directive. His teaching duties relate to Numerical Methods in Finance, Financial Derivatives, and Probability and Statistics.
- Panos Pouliasis is a Senior Lecturer in Energy/Commodities and Finance at Cass. He holds a PhD in Finance. He joined Cass originally as a researcher at The Costas Grammenos International Centre for Shipping, Trade and Finance. Currently, he is in the Faculty of Finance where he lectures on Finance, International Business and Financial Markets, Quantitative Methods, Commodity Derivatives and Structured Equity/Energy Derivatives.
Hedge Funds and the Asset Management Industry
- Dr Nick Motson joined the faculty of finance at Cass in 2008 following a 13 year career as a proprietary trader of interest rate derivatives in the City of London for various banks including First National Bank of Chicago, Industrial Bank of Japan and Wachovia Bank.