Fees and funding
Tuition Fees for 2021/22
UK (Home) Students
- Full-time: £4,600 per year
Non UK/EU (Overseas) Students
- Full-time: £9,700 per year
Fees in each subsequent year of study (where applicable) will be subject to an annual increase limited by the All Items Retail Prices Index. We will confirm any change to the annual tuition fee to you in writing prior to you commencing each subsequent year of study (where applicable).
Your classification for fees purposes - whether you pay fees as a home or overseas student - will be determined in accordance with UK Home Office guidelines.
As a full-time student, you will spend the majority of your working time in research. You are expected to dedicate yourself full-time to your research.
Students wishing to pursue part-time distant study may consider the Cass PhD Executive programme.
Funding and support
The Cass PhD provides funding, research and travel support to PhD students.
- All Cass students can apply for travel funding for academic conferences if their research paper is accepted for presentation.
- Students also have the opportunities to teach courses or act as teaching or research assistants to earn extra income and gain valuable experience.
15 Cass Doctoral Studentships available for 2021-22 intake
We are offering fifteen Doctoral Training Studentships comprising of tuition fees and maintenance grant of £16,057 per annum for four years, from October 2021 and funding for conference attendance throughout the four year period.
- Apply for a PhD in Accounting
- Apply for a PhD in Actuarial Science
- Apply for a PhD in Finance
- Apply for a PhD in Management, Marketing and Operations Management
Postgraduate Doctoral Loans
The UK Government has introduced a new Postgraduate Doctoral Loans scheme which can provide a loan of up to £25,000 over three years to support study for a doctoral degree (PhD). A Postgraduate Doctoral Loan can help with course fees and living costs while you study and can be used with some other forms of support, for example from industry or business.