Core modules 11 & 12
Principles of Marketing
Exposes you to both traditional (and still powerful – ideas), and to newer techniques and concepts. Demonstrates the usefulness of marketing knowledge and concepts in analysing and developing markets and products within the context of the whole business operation. Shows how marketers need to be aware of their responsibilities to customers more than shareholders and the ethics of their campaigns.
- What marketing is and is not; its status as a discipline. Scope and new directions. The new Marketing. Marketing ethical code of conduct.
- Consumer behaviour
- New method in the collection and analysis of marketing information
- Creating a value proposition; features and benefits
- Communicating in a digital age; Ethical Standards of the Advertising Standards Authority
Designed to integrate the marketing functions with the strategy concepts of planning, implementation, and control. This module builds on the Principles of Marketing module, and focuses on managerial issues in marketing, such as marketing accountability, marketing implementation, and marketing organisation.
- The Marketing Plan
- Market Analysis
- The PLC
- Portfolio models
- The Marketing Audit
- Strategies for New Markets
- Diffusion of innovation