Now that you have paid your deposit, there are a few tasks you must complete before starting your Executive MBA journey in March.
- Email a scanned passport / portrait photo to the MBA Course Officer, so we can produce your ID cards. This must be a JPEG file saved with the title as your full name and student number if you have it. You can find some guidelines for your photo here.
- Register as a student - details will be sent by City, University of London in early March 2021.
- Complete your entry for the Class Directory (below).
- Complete the Harvard Maths Online Course (below).
The class directory is an opportunity to highlight the diversity of the cohort. It will be shared with The Business School Community such as Course Office, Professional Development team and alumni as well as used for recruitment purposes when engaging with prospective MBA candidates.
The deadline to complete your entry is 11th March
Submit your entry here
Once submitted, we will work with our marketing team to ensure there is consistency across the profiles and you will be asked to sign off for your final entry. A PDF will be shared with you for final comments before they are printed.
Harvard Maths Online Course
As part of your preparation for the Executive MBA you have been enrolled in the Harvard Mathematics for Management Online Course. This is specifically designed for people who do not have a quantitative background or for those who do but would like to refresh their knowledge.
We recommend you complete the Algebra, Basic Finance, Probability and Statistics sections would be very useful preparation for your Finance modules and Differential Calculus would be helpful for Economics. You may of course complete other sections at your leisure.
Please access the course using this link. (Please note, you will need to register a new online profile with Harvard)
The guideline time requirement for completion of the whole course is 15 hours or so and we recommend you also complete the test sections. However, this is purely for your preparation purposes and any results will not be used as part of the programme. There is no minimum pass mark for any section of this online course.
These activities are not mandatory, but are recommended to ensure you are prepared for the year ahead.
There is no compulsory reading you need to do ahead of your MBA. However, we do recommend that you stay up to date with journals such as the Financial Times, Business Week and The Economist.
If you would like to read something more academic, we can recommend the following text books:
- Taking the Fear out of Data Analysis. A. Diamantopoulos and B B Schlegelmilch
- Statistics for People Who Think They Hate Statistics. Neil J Salkind
- Statistical Analysis with Excel for Dummies Joseph Schmuller
- Management: An Introduction by David Boddy
Join our LinkedIn group where you can talk to your future classmates. The recruitment, admissions and careers teams will also be posting interesting articles and webinars for you to read through and enjoy.