Now that you have paid your deposit, there are a few tasks you must complete before starting your Executive MBA journey in March.
- Email a scanned passport / portrait photo to the MBA Course Officer, so we can produce your Cass ID cards.
- Email any dietary requirements to the MBA Course Officer (as there are several catered receptions and other events as part of the MBA).
- Register as a student - details will be sent by City, University of London in late February 2020.
- Complete your entry for the Class Directory (below).
- Complete the Harvard Online Maths Course (below).
- Provide feedback on your recruitment and admissions experience (below).
The class directory is an opportunity to summarise your expertise and skills which is shared with the Cass Community such as Course Office, Professional Development team and alumni as well as used for recruitment purposes when engaging with prospective MBA candidates.
The deadline to complete your entry is 14th February.
Submit your entry here
Once submitted, we will work with our marketing team to ensure there is consistency across the profiles and you will be asked to sign off for your final entry. A PDF will be shared with you for final comments before they are printed.
Harvard Online Maths Course
As part of your preparation you have been enrolled in the Harvard Mathematics for Managers online course. This is specifically designed for people about to embark on an Executive MBA and you are expected to complete the Algebra, Probability and Statistics sections before Induction begins in September. You may of course complete other sections at your leisure. Basic Finance would be very useful preparation for your Finance modules and Differential Calculus would be helpful for Economics.
The guideline time requirement for completion of the whole course is 15 hours or so and we recommend you also complete the test sections. However, this is purely for your preparation purposes and any results will not be used as part of the MBA. There is no minimum pass mark for any section of this online course.
The admissions team will provide access details by email in January.
We want to hear from you about your recruitment and admissions experience. We are always looking to improve our processes to make future candidates experiences better. To do this, we need your input by completing our questionnaire. It takes 10 minutes to complete and you are able to be as honest as you like. If there are things we are doing well, let us know. Alternatively, if there is something we can improve we are open to your feedback. You can fill out the questionnaire here.
These activities are not mandatory, but are recommended to ensure you are prepared for the year ahead.
There is no compulsory reading you need to do ahead of your MBA. However, we do recommend that you stay up to date with journals such as the Financial Times, Business Week and The Economist.
If you would like to read something more academic, we can recommend the following text books:
- Taking the Fear out of Data Analysis. A. Diamantopoulos and B B Schlegelmilch
- Statistics for People Who Think They Hate Statistics. Neil J Salkind
- Statistical Analysis with Excel for Dummies Joseph Schmuller
- Management: An Introduction by David Boddy
Join our LinkedIn group where you can talk to your future classmates. The recruitment, admissions and careers teams will also be posting interesting articles and webinars for you to read through and enjoy.