During your Full-time MBA at Cass, you can choose to focus your studies around a series of concentrations. Concentrations are a private recognition from the MBA that a student has taken at least 40 credits from electives belonging to a particular cluster of electives.
How to choose your concentration?
MBA students can take any elective in any format after they complete their core modules. Students will also have an opportunity to follow the majority of the concentrations if they are flexible enough to sign up for electives in different formats and there are no clashes in their timetable.
Concentrations for 2017/18*
- Advanced Corporate Finance | Weekdays
- Mergers and Acquisitions | Weekdays
- Applied Financial Analysis for Managers and Investors | Weekends
- Corporate Restructuring | Evenings
- Islamic Finance, Banking and Law (Dubai) | Extended weekends
- International Financial Management | Weekdays
Note: Students can achieve a concentration in Finance with any combination of the modules listed under Corporate Finance and Investment Management.
Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Innovation and entrepreneurship | Extended weekends
- Leading Digital Transformations | Weekends
- Silicon Valley - Digital Innovation in Action | Weekdays, International elective
- Innovation & Technology Study Tour - Israel | Weekdays, International elective
- At the Core of Entrepreneurship: Silicon Valley | Weekdays, International elective
- New Venture Creation | Weekdays
- Capturing Value from Technological Innovation | Weekdays
- Private Equity | Extended weekend
- Investment Strategy and Practice | Extended weekend
- Behavioural Finance | Weekend
- Topics in Derivatives | Weekdays
- Forecasting | Weekdays
- Branding and Advertising | Extended weekend
- Storytelling in Business | Evening
- Strategic Marketing in Action: Exploring Location Brands (Las Vegas) | Weekdays
- Strategic Valuation and Management of Customer Relationships | Weekdays
- Digital Marketing and Social Media | Weekdays
- Managerial Decision Making | Weekdays
- Consulting to Management | Weekdays
- Managing Strategic Change | Weekdays
- Corporate Strategy for a Globalising World | Extended weekend
This list of electives is an indication of the range of modules that can be on offer and is subject to change due to circumstances such as: enhancing or updating the quality and content of educational provision; responding to student feedback; academic staffing changes; the number of students in each programme; a lack of student demand for certain modules; or factors beyond the institution’s reasonable control, such as meeting the latest requirements of a commissioning or accrediting body. For these reasons, not all the electives listed will be offered every year. New (additional or replacement) modules may also be added for these reasons.
*These concentrations and electives are only for 2017/18. Announcements for next year will be made available in due course.