Full-time MBA Block 3: Creating Management Advantage
Human Resource Management
This module will provide a depth of understanding and awareness of structural and human resource issues: policies, practices, issues and international variations, to challenge existing perceptions and stances.
Increase your critical knowledge and understanding of the main aspects of the dynamic area of HRM. This includes the main developments, debates and some international perspectives.
- Course Introduction Scope and Development A Strategic Role
- Environments, Labour Markets and HR Planning
- Recruitment and Selection Employee Appraisal Remuneration and Rewards
- Training and Development Employee Involvement
- Comparative and International Perspectives
- Course Conclusions
Develop skills and techniques for the practising general manager, within a series of conceptual frameworks for determining relevance, choice and application.
This module will introduce you to a range of operations related decisions and the course aims to provide them with the skills necessary to apply various frameworks to operational situations and to enable you to recognise how the frameworks should be applied. The focus will thus be on ‘how to’ skills and applications, rather than pure academic commentary. The value of an interdisciplinary approach to operations management will be stressed and the course aims to enable you to appreciate the strengths and weaknesses of the approaches to decision-making which are introduced.
- Process direction and Design
- Products, Processes, and Performance
- Operations Strategy and Management
- Process Delivery
- Inventory Analysis
- Capacity Management
- Supply Chain and Supply Chain Risk Management
- Process Development
- Quality Management
- Six Sigma and Lean
This module will provide the provision of analytical skills, managerial insights, and team working practice in order to help you understand how the marketing function can add value within a business operating in an international context.
This component will demonstrate the usefulness of market analysis and skilful marketing management in the context of the whole business operation.
- Marketing - conventional and new approaches
- Markets, strategies and plans
- Selecting target markets
- Market research
- Choosing an effective marketing strategy
- Developing and managing offers
- Branding and marketing communications
- The marketing plan in action