We operate a rolling admissions process. Due to high levels of competition we strongly recommend that you submit a full application at least four months in advance of the start of the programme.
- A minimum of three years' full-time professional experience, gained after graduation.
- A good university degree (upper second class honours degree (2:1) or above) or appropriate professional qualification, or at least six years' relevant business experience if you don't have a degree.
- All applicants to the Full-time MBA are required to take either GMAT or GRE. You should aim for a well-balanced minimum GMAT score of 600 (the average score is 653) and for an equivalent minimum score in GRE. We consider all applications on an individual basis and a high GMAT or GRE score doesn't guarantee admission. You can apply before you take either test if you provide your confirmed test date on your application form - you must send us the test booking confirmation together with your application.
- Personal statement and supporting questions. Please note we have specific questions which are available in the online application.
- If English is not your first language you will require a minimum, well- balanced IELTS score of 7.0. In some cases, this requirement can be waived - please contact our Admissions team for more information. Please note that due to changes in the UKVI's list of SELTS we are no longer able to accept TOEFL as evidence of English language for student that require a CAS as of April 2014.
- Two supporting references from suitable sources. These can either be from your current employer, university tutor or from a previous employer.
- Although your referees will receive an electronic request, it is our experience that referees respond more quickly if the candidate also sends the link to the online reference form directly to them.
We need to receive the following from you:
- A completed online application form
- Personal statement
- Two completed reference forms from suitable sources. Two professional references are acceptable.
- Your GMAT score report (institution code: 2C2 - R0 - 50) or GRE score report (Institution code: 9646)
- Your degree certificate and transcript for each degree you have studied. Please note that if your degree transcript is not in English, we require certified translated copies of each transcript.
- An application processing fee of £100 (please see below how to pay the fee online). This fee can be waived for City, University of London or Cass Business School alumni.
- Your IELTS score, if English is not your native language. Please contact our Admissions team to find out about exemptions from this requirement.
Incoming students who do not possess an EEA passport might require a Tier 4 visa to study in the UK. Find out whether you fit into this category.
City, University of London retains Highly Trusted Status from UK Border Agency (UKBA), enabling us to sponsor international students to study in the UK.
In order to apply for a Tier 4 visa, you must obtain a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) from Cass Business School, City, University of London. CAS statements will be issued by City, University of London.
The UK Border Agency requires proof of English proficiency from all incoming students on a Tier 4 Visa except those who are nationals of a majority English-speaking country or those who have successfully completed an academic qualification, at least equivalent to a UK bachelor's degree, which was taught in a majority English-speaking country*.
Majority English-speaking countries:
- Antigua and Barbuda
- The Bahamas
- New Zealand
- St Kitts and Nevis
- St Lucia
- St Vincent and the Grenadines
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Kingdom
- United States of America.
- If you will require a Tier 4 visa and are not a national of a majority English-speaking country or have not successfully completed an academic qualification, at least equivalent to a UK bachelor's degree, which was taught in a majority English-speaking country as defined by the UK Border Agency, you need to have a minimum, well balanced IELTS score of 7.0. We may be able to accept other English tests and qualifications; please contact our Admissions team for more information. Please note that due to changes in the UKVI's list of SELTS we are no longer able to accept TOEFL as evidence of English language for student that require a CAS as of April 2014.
We do not offer nor accept a pre-sessional English class as an alternative to the listed English tests. Any pre-sessional course should be viewed as an aid to living and studying in the UK and not as a way of topping up an IELTS score.
This is in addition to all academic requirements on any offer made by Cass.
More information on the visa application process is available from The UK Border Agency.
We operate a rolling admissions programme. However, due to high demand for places from strong candidates across the Cass MBA programmes, we recommend that you submit a full application at least four months in advance of the start of the course.
How to pay your application fee
You can pay your application fee online and we accept the following cards: MasterCard, Maestro, Solo, Switch, Visa, Visa Delta and Visa Electron.
You will be given a reference number upon payment; please make a note of this and enter it when prompted on the online application form. Please note that we cannot begin to process your application until we have received your application fee.