Applications for the 2020 intake of our Full-time MBA are now open.
As soon as you submit a fully completed application it will be processed so there is no need to wait until the next deadline.
Once your application is complete and meets our entry requirements, it will be reviewed by the admissions panel and if successful you will be invited for an interview with a member of faculty.
The whole process from complete application to final decision typically takes 3-4 weeks.
The £100 application fee is waived for any applications received before Round 1 deadline.
Round Date Status
Round 1 29th September 2019 OPEN
Round 2 10th November 2019
Round 3 5th January 2020
Round 4 9th February 2020
Round 5 22nd March 2020
Round 6 * 3rd May 2020
Round 7 14th June 2020
Round 8 ** Rolling applications
* If you require a Tier 4 visa then we strongly recommend you submit your application to us by Round 6 at the latest
** Rolling applications will only run if there are still places available.
Seven reasons to apply early
1. There is more funding available for scholarships and awards in the earlier rounds.
2. The £100 application fee is waived for any applications received before Round 1 deadline.
3. You will have first choice with university accommodation.
4. It leaves more time to prepare for the upcoming year e.g. visa application, work commitments.
5. There will be additional pre-programme events you will be invited to.
6. It provides extra time to connect with future class mates.
7. A wait list is operated in the final months once the cohort nears capacity.
You will automatically be considered for a financial award of up to 30% of the fees, however if you wish to be considered for a 50% fee scholarship then you must also submit a scholarship application form by the round deadline.
If you require a Tier 4 visa then we strongly recommend you apply by round 6 at the latest.
- A minimum of three years' full-time professional experience, gained after graduation
- A good university degree (upper second class honours degree (2:1) or above) or appropriate professional qualification. Alternatively, at least six years' relevant business experience if you do not have a degree
- Experience of working in multicultural teams and an international outlook
A completed online application form
The application form is completed online as designed to allow you to complete it over several sessions allowing to submit when you are ready.
Personal statement and supporting questions. Please note we have specific questions which are available in the online application.
Your one or two page CV is uploaded as part of the online application form. Please provide reasons for significant gaps in employment history within the application. Please see our recommended CV template
You can submit an application before you take the test as long as you provide your confirmed test date on your application form. You will need to send us the test booking confirmation together with your application.
To send your GMAT score report to Cass please use 2C2 - R0 – 50 or GRE score report use code 9646
Two supporting references. These can either be from your current employer, a previous employer or a client.
Although your referees will receive an electronic request, it is our experience that referees respond more quickly if the candidate also sends the link to the online reference form directly to them.
Proof of your English language ability
If English is not your first language you will need to submit a well- balanced IELTS score of 7.0. For alternative tests please see here.
In some cases the English requirement can be waived, please contact our Admissions team for more information.
Copy of your university documents
Your degree certificate and transcript for each degree you have studied. We require certified translated copies of each document if they are not in in English.
An application processing fee of £100. The fee is waived for City, University of London or Cass Business School alumni.
You can pay your application fee online and we accept the following cards: MasterCard, Maestro, Solo, Switch, Visa, Visa Delta and Visa Electron.
You will be given a reference number upon payment; please make a note of this and enter it when prompted on the online application form. Please note that we cannot begin to process your application until we have received your application fee.
Tier 4 visa
Incoming students who do not possess an EEA passport might require a Tier 4 visa to study in the UK. Find out whether you fit into this category.
City, University of London retains Highly Trusted Status from UK Border Agency (UKBA), enabling us to sponsor international students to study in the UK.
In order to apply for a Tier 4 visa, you must obtain a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) from Cass Business School, City, University of London. CAS statements will be issued by City, University of London.
More information on the visa application process is available from The UK Border Agency.