Core modules 8 & 9
Human Resource Management
Stimulates thinking and understanding about the management of people in an organisational context. The focus is on specific HRM practices and policies, their effectiveness as well as skills necessary for their implementation. Designed for line managers, it is not intended to meet the detailed technical requirements of full-time HR professionals.
- From Personnel Management to Strategic HRM and business partnering
- Resourcing, recruitment and selection
- Training and development. Talent and career management
- Performance management: appraisals & pay/rewards
- EEO and Diversity Management. HRM policy.
Principles of Marketing
Exposes you to both traditional (and still powerful – ideas), and to newer techniques and concepts. Demonstrates the usefulness of marketing knowledge and concepts in analysing and developing markets and products within the context of the whole business operation. Shows how marketers need to be aware of their responsibilities to customers more than shareholders and the ethics of their campaigns.
- What marketing is and is not; its status as a discipline. Scope and new directions. The new Marketing. Marketing ethical code of conduct.
- Consumer behaviour
- New method in the collection and analysis of marketing information
- Creating a value proposition; features and benefits
- Communicating in a digital age; Ethical Standards of the Advertising Standards Authority.