The Consultancy Week will give you the opportunity to carry out a consultancy assignment with a Small and Medium Enterprise in Russia, Poland,Iceland,Argentina, Brazil, Chile and Vietnam (subject to change).
Your team will investigate the underlying business challenges facing your case company and you will need to apply the whole range of management and business tools that you have learnt throughout the course to present a workable solution.
The projects typically focus on developing solutions for business development strategies, marketing, HR, finance or operational challenges. Throughout the data collection and analysis stages you will have the opportunity to test your MBA learning in the real world by applying it to real business problems as well as reflect on your own skills as a consultant, leader and team player in a new market, unfamiliar industry and culture.
You have one week to work with the company face-to-face and then a further four weeks to provide a full set of recommendations to the company which is assessed.
The consultancy trips to emerging markets were offered for the first time in 2003 and have become a significant component of our core curriculum.
Read about the consultancy trips on our news and events pages
Buenos Aires 2011
- Plaza Bus Services (Transport Sector) - Project: A change management project related to the introduction of GPS technology
- Fincas Patagonicas (Winery Sector) - Project: A company valuation and optimal capital structure
- Estudio Beccar Varela (Law Sector) - M&A Project: Employees response to a recent merger and best practices implementation, and frameworks for future M&A's
- Grey Line (Tourism Sector) - Project: The challenges and opportunities in increasing on-line sales
- Puente (Financial services) - E-commerce Project: Strategy for developing a social media presence on Facebook and Twitter
- Ingematica (IT) - Project: Strategy project for entering the Spanish market
- Reynolds (Real Estate) - Project: A project on business strategy and organisational structure.