Executive MBA Information and People Management
On this module you will develop skills for a general manager, understand and improve organisational efficiency.
This module will introduce you to conceptual models and frameworks to enable them to recognise when the models should be applied. The focus will thus be on "how to" skills and applications.
- Process management and strategy for manufacturing and services:
a. Products, Processes and Performance
b. Operations Strategy and Management
- Technology and Operations: The role of technology in supporting processes
- Sustainable and Ethical Operations
- Managing Global Operations
- Supply Chain and Supply Chain Risk Management
- Process integration
Process synchronization and improvement: Lean and Six Sigma
Continuing Professional Development
This module will provide a number of skills for implementation in your learning and within the workplace as well as to help your personal development within your organisation.
The course comprises of a core element which is held during induction and additional optional elements. Everyone will undertake the presentation skills (3 hrs), management and finance master classes (6 hrs each), note taking (3 hours) and the leadership weekend (16 hrs). In addition to the core elements you will need to take 46 hrs of professional development over the duration of the course.
You will gain a skills set, including team working, leadership and note taking. You will then choose a number of courses offered so that you can tailor your learning to your requirements and knowledge voids.
- Time Management
- Management & Finance Master classes which will cover a high level introduction of the 2 disciplines
Human Resource Management
The Human Resource Management module aims to stimulate thinking and understanding about the management of people in an organisational context. The focus is on specific HRM practices and policies, their effectiveness as well as skills necessary for their implementation. The course is designed for line managers and it is not intended to meet the detailed technical requirements of full-time HR professionals.
- From Personnel Management to Strategic HRM and business partnering
- Resourcing, recruitment and selection
- Training and development. Talent and career management
- Performance management: appraisals & pay/rewards
In this module you will develop a broad understanding of the behaviour of individuals and groups within organizations, their contribution to business success and apply this understanding to the management of people and organizations across cultures.
- The nature of organizational behaviour
- Individual processes: perception, motivation and learning
- Individual differences
- Social interaction and group dynamics
- The organizational context: structure and culture
- The organization and the environment: the systems view of organisation
- National culture
- Organising chaos in organisations
- The bureaucratic phenomenon
- Leadership, power and change
- Organizational justice
Analytics for Business
Quantitative analysis of business data provides a key skill for success in the modern, data rich business environment. This module focuses on some of the most widely used techniques, related to data summary and sampling. The intention is not only to equip you with the practical skills to implement the necessary techniques, but to acquire the skills of discretion in choice of appropriate method and clarity in the interpretation of the output from such methods and extraction of the information of most importance to the business decision maker.
You will be introduced to some of the most important statistical tools used in business analytics, focussing on descriptive and predictive analytics. The focus is on application and interpretation of the tools and results.
- Exploratory Data Analysis
- The Normal Distribution
- Sampling and Confidence Intervals
- Hypothesis Testing
- Regression - Model Building
- Regression – Inference