Executive MBA Concentrations
During your Executive MBA at Cass, you can choose to focus your studies around a series of concentrations. Concentrations are a private recognition from the MBA that a student has taken at least 40 credits from electives belonging to a particular cluster of electives.
How to choose your concentration?
MBA students can take any elective in any format after they complete their core modules. Students will also have an opportunity to follow the majority of the concentrations if they are flexible enough to sign up for electives in different formats and there are no clashes in their timetable.
Concentrations for 2017/18*
- Applied Corporate Finance - Evenings; Extended Weekends
- Advanced Corporate Finance - Weekdays; Extended Weekends
- Mergers and Acquisitions - Weekdays; Evenings; Extended Weekends
- Applied Financial Analysis for Managers and Investors - Weekends
- Corporate Restructuring - Evenings
- Islamic Finance, Banking and Law (Dubai) - Extended Weekends
- International Financial Management - Weekdays
Note: Students can achieve a concentration in Finance with any combination of the modules listed under Corporate Finance and Investment Management.
Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Innovation and entrepreneurship - Evenings; Extended Weekends
- Strategies of Fast Track Venturing - Evenings
- Leading Digital Transformations - Weekends
- Intrapreneurship - Evenings
- Design Thinking - Weekends
- Silicon Valley - Digital Innovation in Action - Weekdays; International Elective
- Innovation & Technology Study Tour - Israel - Weekdays; International Elective
- At the Core of Entrepreneurship: Silicon Valley - Weekdays; International Elective
- New Venture Creation - Weekdays
- Capturing Value from Technological Innovation - Weekdays
- Private Equity - Evenings; Extended Weekends
- Investment Strategy and Practice - Extended Weekends
- The Wealth Management Industry - Evenings
- Behavioural Finance - Weekends
- Topics in Derivatives - Weekdays
- Forecasting - Weekdays
- Branding and Advertising - Extended Weekends
- Storytelling in Business - Evenings
- Strategic Marketing in Action: Exploring Location Brands - Weekdays; International Elective
- Strategic Valuation and Management of Customer Relationships - Weekdays
- Digital Marketing and Social Media - Weekdays
- Managerial Decision Making - Weekdays; Extended Weekends
- Consulting to Management - Weekdays; Extended Weekends
- Managing Strategic Change - Weekdays; Extended Weekends
- The New Strategic Landscape - Extended Weekends
- Strategy in the Face of Uncertainty - Extended Weekends
- Corporate Strategy for a Globalising World - Extended Weekends
- Real Estate Debt Markets
- Real Estate Capital Markets
- Real Estate Finance
- Global Real Estate Markets
- Real Estate Portfolio and Fund Management
This list of electives is an indication of the range of modules that can be on offer and is subject to change due to circumstances such as: enhancing or updating the quality and content of educational provision; responding to student feedback; academic staffing changes; the number of students in each programme; a lack of student demand for certain modules; or factors beyond the institution’s reasonable control, such as meeting the latest requirements of a commissioning or accrediting body. For these reasons, not all the electives listed will be offered every year. New (additional or replacement) modules may also be added for these reasons.
*These concentrations and electives are only for 2017/18. Announcements for next year will be made available in due course.