Block 4: Corporate management
This block consists of the following modules:
Operations management is the main function that delivers value to customers and profits to organisations. This module will equip you with the tools and techniques to better design/control/manage operations.
- Understanding the value of managing operations effectively
- Understanding the bottom-line impact of effective and ineffective operations management
- Understanding the interactive relationships with other functions such as marketing, finance and strategy
- Understanding how to create competitive advantage
- Understanding the design requirements of effective systems sufficiently to evaluate and recommend developments.
Human Resource Management
You will gain an understanding of the major tools which support the development of effective Human Resource Management. Tools include labour market resources, developing, rewarding and motivating staff, and employee relationships.
- Understanding HRM practices and policies and how to adapt them to specific business needs
- Knowing how to develop an appropriate set of HR practices
- Understanding strategic options during expansion
- Analysing HRM strategies, policies and practices and diagnosing flaws and potential problems
- Developing recommendations for HRM strategies, policies and practices.
You will learn about international corporate governance practices and their practical relevance, structures and policies. You will gain an understanding of corporate government issues to give effective and relevant advice to senior management.
- Understanding the nature and application of corporate governance in modern organisations
- Understanding the benefits and disadvantages of different board structures
- Understanding and appreciating the importance of the work of external and internal auditors and audit committees
- Gaining a full understanding of current issues in corporate government and being able to incorporate them in strategic planning
- Being capable of advising senior management on control and governance issues.