Block 1: Business methods and principles
This block consists of the following modules:
Analytics for Business
Quantitative techniques and analytical methods to illustrate how these can support managerial decisions.
- Perform data analysis to support decision making
- Data analysis techniques
- Understanding the usefulness and limitations of these techniques
- Using appropriate software to generate solutions
- Effectively communicating results.
Investigating the relevance and application of organisational behaviour and the factors which cause organisational difficulties. The module will strengthen your understanding of and responses to these complex issues in the workplace.
- Understanding the relevance of people issues, cross-cultural dimensions and how they apply to leadership and organisation
- Understanding the difference between organic and mechanistic forms of organisation
- Understanding the relevance of perception to management
- Being able to carry out a stakeholder and 7-S analysis
- Understanding the psychological contract
- Being aware of different leadership styles together with their potential strengths and theories
- Understanding how power and conflict affect organisations
- Analysing team strengths and weaknesses
- Being able to apply a range of organisational behaviour concepts in change management.
An introduction to marketing. You will learn about its relevance to the process of creating and managing customer-led-organisations, and about the usefulness of market analysis and marketing management.
- Understanding marketing as a process, function and philosophy
- Appreciating marketing's importance in creating competitive advantage
- Understanding and applying tools, techniques and the elements of the marketing mix
- Appreciating the challenges of marketing decision-making in a competitive environment
- Contributing to team performance through analytical and decision-making exercises.