New Venture Creation
The New Venture Creation programme has been designed to equip nascent entrepreneurs with the skills necessary to start a scalable business. Highly experiential in nature, the programme is normally offered as part of an Executive MBA course at Cass, which is now open for external applicants to attend.
The process of developing a new venture involves testing the commercialisation of a business idea and choosing the best options for developing the business, including: assembling resources; protecting intellectual property; developing the business model; identifying and targeting the market and attracting funding. This programme offers a great opportunity to equip yourself with the knowledge required to develop and refine your business creation strategy and to provide you with an academic underpinning in the process.
Location: Dubai; London
Fee: £3,000, includes all meals, refreshments and programme materials
Duration: 4 days
Faculty: Prof. Costas Andriopoulos
Who is the programme for?
Applicants typically have a business idea but few business skills. An educational background in business, management or finance is not required but a UK upper second class degree or above, or the equivalent from an overseas institution is required. If you have at least 3 years of experience working in a corporate or startup environment, or a technical background (although not required), and you have serious ambition to start your own business, then this programme is for you.
Focus and structure
The programme is delivered over 4 consecutive days and consists of multiple sessions. Each session consists of a combination of lectures, guest speakers’ presentations and group discussions. In the majority of sessions, you will use case studies and/or exercises to illustrate how these concepts can be applied in specific strategic situations. It is expected that participants analyse concepts from cases and participate actively in class discussions and peer-to-peer learning.
- Evaluate the viability of a high-potential new venture
- Produce and present a business plan for a new venture
- Understand the theoretical foundations of entrepreneurship
- Analyse a new or growing venture from the perspective of an investor, a family business successor, or an owner-manager
- Understand venture capital finance, business angels and crowdfunding
- Understand the basic principles behind franchising
- Evaluate the mechanisms through which firms can protect their intellectual property
- Develop business planning skills
Notes on Fees
Cass Business School have a number of fee reduction options and scholarships available. City, University of London (including Cass Business School) alumni will receive a 15% reduction in the programme fee. Students currently enrolled at a college or institute which is part of the University of London consortium, are entitled to a 15% reduction in the programme fee. We have a few scholarships* worth £500 and £750 each available. Please contact Aurore Hochard using the details listed on the right for more information.
* Fee reductions cannot be used in conjunction with other sponsorship or bursary schemes and can only be applied to the fees. Whilst reductions will be offered automatically to selected applicants, scholarships are offered on a case-by-case basis.