Leading Digital Transformations
Digital technologies are profoundly transforming people, societies and the business landscape. This highly interactive programme provides company executives and entrepreneurs with the conceptual knowledge and practical tools required to lead, and not to suffer, on-going digital transformation.
Due to the current situation with COVID-19, and to ensure the safety of staff, students and delegates, face-to-face teaching at Cass Business School has been suspended for the rest of the academic year until the 31st July.
Programmes are currently set to run again from September.
We will be in touch to tell you about alternative dates if you have already registered for a programme or event, once we have them.
We are grateful for your patience at this difficult time. If you have any questions please send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Professor Andrew Clare
Associate Dean for Corporate Engagement
18th March 2020
Dates: 16-17 November 2020
Duration: 2 days
Fee: £1,995 (no VAT is charged) Includes all meals, refreshments and programme materials
Faculty: Prof Gianvito Lanzolla
Digital technologies are profoundly transforming people, societies and the business landscape. This highly interactive programme provides company executives and entrepreneurs with the conceptual knowledge and practical tools required for the on-going digital transformation of their organisations. Learn about the business impact of digital change and formulate a digital roadmap for the future of your organisation.
Join other industry leaders to learn how digital technologies are changing the business context including
- products, services, value chains and industry structures
- the new rules of competition and new strategic imperatives
- business models and organisation to become digital
- challenges in managing digital and legacy business models
- the transition to digital; and the role of regulation.
Who is the programme for?
The programme is designed for non-technical executives, leaders and entrepreneurs who need to better understand changes in the digital landscape, the impact on business models and the disruptions to industries.
Focus and structure
The Digital Transformations programme is divided into two parts. The first covers a review of the wider psychological and socio-economic implications, including the co-evolution of technology, business and society in order to develop emergent scenarios on the impact of digital transformation. The second part focuses on the business implications of digital transformation, including basic analytical tools, value chain digital transformation, digital ecologies, product service digital convergence, digital disruptions of products and services, organising for digital innovation and new business models. Through a blend of face-to-face teaching, interaction over a digital environment, case studies and experiential learning delivered by experts in the field, you will create your own digital roadmap. Delegates will collaborate with digital tutors and share positive and negative experiences with peers to learn from a range of best practices.
- Learn about frameworks for analysing the impact of digital change on your competitive advantage and its sustainability
- Understand the sources of competitive advantage in the digital world and the role that digital should have in your business strategy
- Learn about frameworks to help you define and build successful digital business models
- Gain in-depth knowledge on how to develop, or predict the emergence of, new disruptive business models
- Understand the trade-offs and pitfalls when running at the same time digital and traditional business models
- Learn about mechanisms to build a ‘winner takes all’ digital strategy
- Learn about mechanisms to escape from the ‘stuck in the middle’ trap – i.e. when you are not the market leader and you are not a niche player
- Get direct exposure to successful cases and senior executives that have already embraced digital change
- Develop an action plan to implement digital change in your organization, before it is too late
"A genuinely fascinating and insightful programme delivered by inspiring lecturers. The quality, level of insight and way it was delivered was really engaging. Overall this was the best programme I have been on at Cass. Gianvito's delivery is inspiring and it brought the whole theme to life. A well-balanced, insightful programme which is hugely relevant to leaders in the current climate."
Principal – Odgers Berndtson