Advanced Risk Management: Amidst Global Uncertainty
In today’s dynamic and complex operating environment, risk executives must cultivate an understanding of all the risks which can impact their business. Business activities are increasingly global, multifaceted and interdependent.Apply Make a tentative reservation Purchase this programme
Dates: 21-24 May 2018
Duration: 4 days
Fee: £3,995 (No VAT is charged) Includes all meals, refreshments and programme materials
Faculty: Prof. Stephen Thomas
In today’s dynamic and complex operating environment, risk executives must cultivate an understanding of all the risks which can impact their business. Business activities are increasingly global, multifaceted and interdependent. Business leaders need to have the right skills and tools to identify and address a broad range of risks through an integrated approach and an enterprise-wide perspective. The unique Risk Management Association and Cass Business School partnership ensures unparalleled access to risk management experts from global institutions in the City of London as well as to subject matter experts, senior-level business practitioners, guest faculty, world-class research and thought leaders.
Who is the programme for?
This programme is designed for business leaders, functional heads and senior risk managers from all sectors who have a responsibility for overseeing the stability and performance of the business, while ensuring that their organisation’s culture is conducive to better risk management. Although most individuals will come from teams and organisations working in the UK and the EMEA region, business professionals from around the world are welcomed and encouraged to attend.
Focus and structure
Delivered over four days, the programme exposes business leaders and risk managers to a rigorous, yet practical blend of theory, practice and cutting-edge research, designed to build your global risk management knowledge and skills. In addition to its focus on known and quantifiable risks, the programme also concentrates on those risks which are unknown and difficult to measure.
Key areas of focus in the programme include: risk management as a strategic competitive strength; an integrated approach to risk management; fostering a culture and climate that openly communicates risk; a framework for rapidly responding to known risks and unravelling the complexities of the unknown; a focus on risk informed by global perspectives; and gaining a perspective on risk management and its implications for corporate governance.
- Carol Sergeant: Chairman of the Credit & Risk Committee and Member of the Audit Committee, Danske Bank A/S
- Bob Scanlon: Honorary Senior Visiting Fellow, Cass Business School and former Chief Credit Officer, Standard Chartered Bank
- Peter Buerger: Author, Basel III expert and former Chief Credit Officer, Western Europe, Commerzbank
- David Mellor: Author, mentoring expert and specialist in PRISM and in leading high performance teams
- Prof. Thorsten Beck: Professor of Banking & Finance, City, University of London Faculty of Finance, and Professor of Economics at Tilburg University, the Netherlands
- Tim Thompson: Partner, Risk Advisory at Deloitte
- Trevor Williams: Chief Economist, Commercial Banking, Lloyds Bank
- Dr. Ariane Chapelle: Author and Honorary Reader at University College London on Operational Risk Measurement in the Financial Services industry
- Build executive peer relationships to gain a broader understanding of risk issues and develop your network
- Broaden your knowledge of leading-edge theory and practice to improve your performance
- Build an advanced proficiency in risk leadership and gain strategic advantage
- Improve your risk decision-making capabilities by learning from renowned practitioners, faculty and thought leaders
- Strengthen your ability to steer projects to completion through deeper understanding of issues impacting your organisation