We want your year abroad to be as positive and rewarding as possible. To make sure everything runs smoothly please read the information below about what you are required to undertake over the course of your study abroad year:
- Make sure you have made visa and travel arrangements for your journey to and from the country of the partner university and that you fulfil the immigration requirements in the country of the partner university.
- You will be responsible for all of your personal expenses, including accommodation during the exchange period, so budget carefully.
- You will need to arrange accommodation and suitable comprehensive travel and medical insurance for yourself.
- Remember to re-register online with City University at the start of the academic year.
- For International Students please ensure that you follow any instructions given from Cass regarding Tier 4 contact points while you are abroad
- Please provide the Cass Student Exchange Office with your postal and email addresses upon registration at the Host University and any updates to these.
- Register for modules according to the guidelines and let the Student Exchange Office know when these are finalised.
- Arrange for City University tuition fees to be paid whilst you are participating in the exchange programme.
- Contact the Cass Student Exchange Office to seek approval for any changes to your academic programme while overseas.
- Consult the Cass Student Exchange Office should any problem arise in relation to your studies whilst you are away, including extenuating circumstances.
- Advise the Cass Student Exchange Office immediately if you have failed any modules abroad.
- Abide by the laws of the host country.
- Abide by the regulations of the host university and pay any local fees on time. Attendance at lectures, seminars, tutorials and other classes is an integral part of your course and you will need to be regular and punctual in your attendance.
- Conduct yourself personally and professionally in a manner befitting a representative of Cass Business School.
- At the end of each term, submit a reflection of your time abroad to the Cass Student Exchange Office and provide feedback about your experience at the end of the year.
- On your return, assist other outgoing students in their decision-making and planning to go overseas on exchange (e.g. briefing meeting, student exchange fair).