Entry Criteria and Selection Process
The application for the replacement programmes will be during the December / January of your first year at Cass. If you wish to take the sandwich year abroad, you can apply during the December / January of your second year.
After completing the application form all applicants will be invited for an informal interview with the Student Exchange Coordinator and and a Cass academic. We will want to make sure that you have thought carefully about why you wish to study abroad and we will discuss the structure and demands.
We aim to offer all applicants a partner university they are happy with. When allocating places we will look at:
- your academic record to date;
- your ability to adapt to a different culture and educational environment;
- whether you have carried out research on your preferred destination
Selection conditions and criteria:
- Students wishing to take part in the Replacement Term Abroad programme will be required to achieve a minimum of 60% in their 1st year January examinations for each module. If you do not meet this requirement you will not be eligible to take part in this programme but will be permitted to apply for the Sandwich Year Abroad programme in your 2nd year of study.
- Students applying to go to a partner university in regions where they originally come from can be considered but priority will be given to those for whom an exchange year will be a culturally new experience. This applies to all study abroad programmes.
To receive an unconditional offer for the replacement second year you must pass all Year 1 examinations and coursework at the Assessment Board in July. To receive an unconditional offer for the sandwich year you should ideally pass assessments at first attempt. However we are able to consider sandwich year students who have failed up to 30 credits on an individual basis.