Entry Criteria and Selection Process
The application for the Replacement Term Abroad will be during the January of your first year at Cass. If you wish to take the Sandwich Year Abroad, you can apply during the January of your second year.
After completing the application form all applicants will be invited for an informal interview with the Student Exchange Coordinators. During this interview we will make sure that you have thought carefully about why you wish to study abroad and discuss the structure and details of the programme you are applying to.
If the criteria is met, we aim to offer all applicants a partner university they are happy with although it is not always possible to offer everyone their first choice. When allocating places we will look at:
- your academic record to date;
- your ability to adapt to a different culture and educational environment;
- whether you have carried out research on your preferred destination
Selection conditions and criteria:
- Students wishing to take part in the Replacement Term Abroad programme will be required to achieve a minimum of 60% in their 1st year January examinations for each module. Students will then need to also pass all modules in the summer examination period. If you do not meet this requirement you will not be eligible to take part in this programme but will be permitted to apply for the Sandwich Year Abroad programme in your 2nd year of study.
- Students wishing to apply for the Sandwich Year Abroad programme will be required to pass all their 2nd year modules.
- Students applying to go to a partner university in regions where they originally come from can be considered but priority will be given to those for whom an exchange year will be a culturally new experience. This applies to all study abroad programmes.