General questions

Find information specifically for MBA courses and MSc courses.

What do I do if I lose my student card?

If you lose your student ID card you will need to replace this as soon as possible. Please go to the Security Office which is located behind the main Reception desk on the ground floor, who will issue you with a replacement card at a charge of £10.

I would like a business card. How do I get one?

In Term 1 all students are invited to apply for a limited number of free business cards. If you miss this opportunity you can apply to have them produced at your own expense using the Cass template. To arrange this please contact our supplier, Rapidity.

Can I go to the Course Office outside opening hours?

Should you need to contact your Course Officer outside of opening hours, please email them or call them directly. Check the course office pages for details.

How can I contact a lecturer or Course Director?

Please refer to your course handbook where you will find their contact details. Your lecturer, personal tutor or Course Director may also have office hours. Please refer to your handbook or to Moodle for further information.

How can I give feedback on my course?

Student feedback is very important to the University, and can be provided in a number of ways. Towards the end of each term you will be asked to complete a Module Evaluation for each module, a simple process which is conducted online. Your lecturer will not see your name and your comments do not affect your marks in any way. The information gathered is compiled into general module reports which are fed back to lecturers, Course Directors and managers in order to improve the quality of the teaching and content of the modules year on year. Also, after you receive your final results in October, you will be asked to complete an Exit Questionnaire which covers the wider aspects of your experience at Cass, such as administration and facilities. Throughout the year, Student Representatives for your course have termly meetings with your Course Director and Course Officer to feed back any issues raised by you and your colleagues. By engaging in all of these processes, you provide us with vital feedback which enables us to continually improve the courses and the student experience in general.

How do I buy print credits?

You can buy print credits at the Library or IT Helpdesk counters in the Learning Resource Centre (Library).

Is there any help if I get into financial difficulties?

The Student Centre has specialist staff that can advise on funding options available to current and prospective students at the University. We administer the City University Bursary, general University scholarships, Access to Learning Fund as well as provide advice and guidance on a range of funding matters such as student support, NHS bursaries, money management and alternative funding options.

Contact the Student Centre about the range of support available from student loans and grants to bursaries and scholarships or make an appointment to discuss your situation with an adviser. Student Centre: 0207 040 7040 or Email.

IT support

The IT support pages will help you.

How do I log on to wifi?

Guides for different operating systems to connect to the City wifi are available from IT support.

How can I get help if I cannot log in?

If you are having difficulties accessing the IT facilities, please contact the IT Helpdesk. You can visit them in person in the Library / Learning Resource Centre on the 1st floor at Bunhill Row, email or telephone 0207 040 8181

Coursework and exams

Find more information in Your Academic Journey.

How do I submit coursework online?

To submit coursework online you must go to your virtual learning environment, Moodle. For group coursework, only one member of the group needs to submit. Go to the relevant module page and upload your document(s) where indicated. For further guidance on using Moodle please call the IT desk on 0207 040 8181.

What can I do if I think an exam or coursework mark is not fair?

If you are unhappy about a grade there are two formal procedures you can follow: 1) to request a clerical check of the paper or 2) to submit an appeal against the Assessment Board decision. These processes are carried out independently of the Course Office by the Academic Quality & Standards team. For guidelines to their processes and to apply for either of the above, go to the Clerical check and Appeals webpages, MBA students please refer to your Student or Course Handbook.


How do I extend my visa?

If you are attending classes as a current student you can apply for an extension to your Student Visa by going to the 'For Prospective Students - Apply' pages of the Cass website and requesting a CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies). For full details of the process of applying for a visa extension see the Student Centre pages on the City website.

MSc students who have finished attending classes and need a visa for exam attendance only, can apply for a Student Visitor Visa using a supporting letter from Cass; to request one please contact your Course Officer. you can request one here.

What happens if my visa expires before I re-sit an exam?

If you have finished attending classes and need a visa for exam attendance only, you can apply for a Student Visitor Visa using a supporting letter from Cass; to request one please contact your Course Officer.


There is lots more exams information on our exams pages.

What kind of calculator can I use in an exam?

Only University approved calculator models are allowed for use in Invigilated Tests and Examinations.

The approved models are as follows;
Casio FX-83 GT+
Casio FX-85 GT+
Casio FX-83 MS
Casio FX-83 ES
Casio FX-85 MS
Casio FX-85 ES

Please note that any other calculator models will not be allowed for use in tests or examinations and will be confiscated.

What do I do if I am ill and am unable to sit an exam or submit coursework?

If you are unable to attend an assessment or submit a piece of work, due to ill heath or severe personal circumstances, you must complete an Extenuating Circumstances Form Cass EC form.docx and submit it to your Course Officer with accompanying medical or other evidence within one week of the assessment date. For guidance please speak to your Course Officer see the  Exams and Assessment webpages or see your student/course handbook.

Can I sit an exam in my home country?

No. Students are expected to be available for all examination and test periods, including the re-sit periods held during the summer months.


Find more graduation information on our graduation page.

When will I graduate?

Upon successful completion of your studies, students are confirmed as successfully completing the course, and awarded the degree, at the Final Assessment Board. Final transcripts are subsequently released. All students who have been successfully awarded the degree by the Assessment Board will then be invited to attend the next Graduation ceremony. If you would like more details please contact your Course Officer of for further information about Graduation.

When do I get my graduation certificate?

Upon successful completion and award of their degree, students are presented with their Graduation Certificate at the Graduation Ceremony. If students are unavailable to attend Graduation they will be issued their Certificate by post. Please contact the Registry Department for further information

How do I stay in touch with the School after getting my degree and become a Cass alumnus?

Cass Students or Graduates can join the Cass Alumni Network free of charge. For information about the benefits and services available to you, and to become a member please visit the Cass Alumni Community.

Can I continue using my Cass email after I have graduated?

You will continue to have access to your Cass email account for life after your graduation.

Can I carry on using the library after I have finished my degree?

Registered Alumni can have use of the library for reference use. In addition to this alumni have access to a number of different databases. For full information, and details on how to become a member of the Cass Alumni Network please visit the Cass Alumni Community.