Essay Competition for Cass BSc and MSc students
“Wow, I didn’t expect that!”
What it’s like to be part of multi-cultural student life at Cass.
You’ve made it this far in your studies at Cass - and to get here, you probably had lots of experiences you never expected.
London is a global city and Cass is an international school. You have to navigate a multitude of cultures, new settings, and the practicalities of living away from home. Depending on where you are from, even the UK education system might be pretty foreign to you.
We want you to share your story with us in 850 words. We are looking for non-academic, original entries reflective of your unique voice.
What made you think: “I didn’t expect that?” What surprised or puzzled you most about studying in this multi-cultural setting? How did you deal with these challenges? Which learning experience inside or outside of the classroom has shaped you the most and will stay with you?
In addition to telling your story and giving others a glimpse of your life, an acclaimed expert judging panel will select the winners.
The best essays will be published on the Cass website and shared through social media
There are also some awesome prizes:
- 1st prize - £500, a certificate, and an abundance of glory
- 2nd prize - £300, a certificate, and heaps of glory
- 3rd prize - £200, a certificate, and lots of glory
You will receive your prize and a certificate in an awards ceremony with the Dean, other senior university representatives, and members of the judging panel present.
The submission deadline is Sunday March 4, 2018.
By participating in the Cass Essay Competition, you grant Cass the right to publish your essay in any media channel and any use rights. However, if you would like to remain anonymous, you will have the option to do so.
- The essay competition is open to all current BSc or MSc students at Cass.
- We are looking for original, non-academic entries reflective of your unique voice. The topic of this essay competition leaves many possibilities for interpretation however it should be related to university life in some sense. You can play with a variety of styles, there is not right or wrong. We are open to hearing all kinds of experiences - positive as well as negative. Your essay can be moving, funny, shocking, informative – as long as it is inspiring and brings your story across!
- You must submit your essay via the submission link. The deadline is 11.59 PM on Sunday March 4, 2018. Late entries cannot be accepted.
- Essays must be written in English and not exceed 850 words (two A4 pages), Times New Roman 12, 1.5 line spacing, 1-inch margins. They should be submitted in PDF document format.
- The essay must be YOUR sole creation and original work. The essay must not have been submitted to any other essay competition or been published elsewhere. Any form of plagiarism will result in automatic disqualification. No person may submit more than one essay for each annual competition.
- By participating in this competition, you grant Cass the right to publish your essay on selected media channels. If you would like to remain anonymous, you will have to option to do so.
- If you have any questions, please contact Dr Thomas Robinson (Thomas.Robinson@city.ac.uk).