The 2019 Cass Essay Competition
Remember who you were on your very first day at Cass? Did the multicultural student experience at Cass and in London change your thinking, your beliefs, and maybe even who you are now?
London is a global city and Cass is an international school. You have to navigate a multitude of cultures, new settings, and the practicalities of living away from home. Depending on where you are from, even the UK education system might be pretty foreign to you.
We want you to share your story with us in 850 words.
How have you changed since moving here, in what ways, what set that change off? How have your learning experiences inside and outside of the classroom shaped your outlook on the future, and on the future you?
In addition to telling your story and giving others a glimpse of your life, an acclaimed expert judging panel will select the winners.
The best essays will be published on the Cass website and shared through social media.
There are also some awesome prizes:
- 1st prize - £500, a certificate, and an abundance of glory
- 2nd prize - £300, a certificate, and heaps of glory
- 3rd prize - £200, a certificate, and lots of glory
You will receive your prize and a certificate in an awards ceremony with the Dean, other senior university representatives, and members of the judging panel present.
- The essay competition is open to all current BSc or MSc students at Cass.
- We are looking for original, non-academic entries reflective of your unique voice. The topic of this essay competition leaves many possibilities for interpretation however it should be related to university life in some sense. You can play with a variety of styles, there is not right or wrong. Your essay can be moving, funny, shocking, informative – as long as it is candid and brings your story across! That also means that you can write about negative experiences, not just positive ones.
- Entrants must submit their essay via the submission link. The deadline is 11.59 PM on Sunday, March 3rd 2019. Late entries cannot be accepted.
- Essays must be written in English and not exceed 850 words (two A4 pages), Times New Roman 12, 1.5 line spacing, 1-inch margins. They should be submitted in PDF document format.
- Please upload your document under the following name: lastname_firstname_essaycompetition19 (e.g., smith_john_essaycompetition19)
- The essay must be YOUR sole creation and original work. The essay must not have been submitted to any other essay competition or been published elsewhere. Any form of plagiarism will result in automatic disqualification. No person may submit more than one essay for each annual competition.
- By participating in this competition, you grant Cass the right to publish your essay on selected media channels. If you would like to remain anonymous, you will have to option to do so.
- If you have any questions, please contact Dr Thomas Robinson (Thomas.Robinson@city.ac.uk).