Cass endorses Baxendale's Employee Innovation Award
Cass is delighted to endorse the Employee Innovation Award in the eighth edition of the Philip Baxendale Awards.
The award will be given to the most exciting and effective example of innovation within an employee owned organisation - in products or services, aimed at clients or fellow employees.
The Philip Baxendale Awards are the UK's only dedicated celebration of excellence in mutual and employee ownership. Hosted by Baxendale and the Employee Ownership Association, the awards are named after Philip Baxendale, a pioneer for the employee owned movement and rewards individuals and organisations excelling in the sector.
Joseph Lampel, current Professor of Strategy and Innovation at Cass Business School, moving to Manchester Business School in September to hold the Eddie Davies Chair in Enterprise, Innovation and Strategy comments:
"As one of Europe's leading business schools, Cass places a high value on innovation and supports significant breakthrough initiatives which have the power to improve an organisation or a service. The employee ownership sector is constantly growing, developing and reinventing itself and it is our great pleasure to support and endorse organisations and individuals who one day might change the world we live in."
In 2012, Professor Lampel, working with Cass Professor Ajay Bhalla and Dr Pushkar Jha, authored oft-cited research on the benefits of employee ownership across business sectors - 'The Employee Ownership Advantage: Benefits and Consequences' which established that Employee-Owned Businesses (EOBs) are more resilient, display less sales variability, and deliver more stable performance over business cycles.
Deb Oxley, Director of Membership, Employee Ownership Association comments:
"The employee ownership sector is rich with exceptional corporate performances and the Philiip Baxendale Awards are a fantastic way of highlighting and celebrating these. The EOA encourages all of its members and every employee owned business in the UK to submit an entry for the Awards as a great way of profiling their own successes, and of raising awareness of the economic benefits of employee ownership"
The Awards will be judged by an esteemed panel of employee ownership experts from across the public and private sectors. Its membership will include:
- Joseph Lampel - Professor of Strategy and Innovation, Cass Business School
- Tim Decamp - Head of the Mutuals Programme at Cabinet Office
- Claire Hobson - Deputy Director, Business & Society at Department for Business Innovation and Skills (BIS)
- Charlotte Cool - Head of Public Affairs at John Lewis Partnership
- Ken Worthing - Chairman at Beakbane Ltd
- Iain Hasdell - Chief Executive at the Employee Ownership Association.
The programme's six other award categories cover the positive outcomes often seen in mutual ownership including employee engagement, innovation and productivity, and are relevant to both public service mutuals and private sector organisations:
- The Employee Ownership Champion Award, recognising the individual or team that has done the most to support and promote employee ownership within their organisation
- The Employee Engagement Award, celebrating the organisation that achieves meaningful engagement with employees and cultivates a culture of productive partnership
- The Employee Ownership Rising Star Award, showcasing progress in creating a highly effective organisation with a strong culture of meaningful employee ownership
- The Public Service Mutual of the Year Award, celebrating the most impressive group of employees to have spun out of the public sector into an employee-led mutual organisation
- The Employee Owned Business of the Year, celebrating inspirational performance in the sector based on financial results, culture development and outstanding achievements over the last 12 months
- The Philip Baxendale Fellowship, saluting the outstanding total contribution of a single individual to the cause of employee ownership.
The awards are free to enter and the Awards Ceremony will take place at a Gala Dinner on the evening of the 17th November, as an integral part of the 2014 Employee Ownership Association Annual Conference at the East Midlands Conference Centre, Nottingham.
- Click here to download the simple PDF nomination form and judging criteria
- Fill out one form per nomination you wish to make
- Email the form to email@example.com by 1pm, Thursday 11th September.
The closing deadline for nominations is 1pm, Thursday 11th September 2014.