The difference between perception and reality is enormous
Tomorrow's Africa highlights the continent's potential for investors
"Investing in Africa - the difference between perception and reality is enormous."
"You turn on the news and it looks like the continent is burning, you go to the hotels and they are all full and people are on the beach"
These were just two of the standout quotes from Tomorrow's Africa at Cass, an event which highlighted the potential that the continent offers investors.
Introduced by Cass Dean Professor Steven Haberman, Cass alumnus and Visiting Professor Richard Odumodu introduced the panel:
- Tutu Agyare, Managing Partner and CIO, Nubuke Investments
- Dr Jerome Booth, Cass Honorary Visiting Professor and Founder of Investment Group, New Sparta Ltd
- Gabriel Edgal, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, First Atlantic Bank Limited
- Tinashe Muyambo, Head Africa Desk, International Consulting Group, Towers Watson
- Oludara Osibo, Analyst, African Private Equity and Venture Capital Association
For more standout quotes see this storify on the event.