Cass stages first Sandhurst Leadership Conference
Senior business executives meet at the British Army's elite officer training academy
More than 70 senior business executives filled the Indian Army Memorial Room for a one-day conference focused on the challenges facing modern leaders.
Titled 'Doing the right thing on a difficult day - meeting the challenge of senior leadership in tough times', the conference brought together high-profile speakers from the military, business and academia.
The Sandhurst Leadership Conference is slated to become an annual fixture in Cass's calendar as part of the School's new MSc in Leadership being launched next year.
The two-year masters, run jointly by Cass and the Inspirational Development Group, aims to equip senior managers with the personal leadership skills and business knowledge required at board level. Much of the programme will be taught in the inspiring surroundings of Sandhurst.
"The syllabus aims to ready high-potential managers for the complex challenges of senior executive and board-level roles," said Professor Colin Carnall, Director of Cass Executive Education. "It combines rigorous academic study with intensive leadership training. Managers won't just study leadership, they will practise it."
The Sandhurst Leadership Conference was supported by the Inspirational Development Group, the Institute for Leadership and Management, the Sandhurst Foundation and the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst.
- Welcome by Major General Stuart Skeates CBE, Commandant RMAS
- Opening Address by Professor Colin Carnall, Cass Business School
- Leadership for the 21st Century - Fons Trompenaars, Author and Leadership Thinker Values Based Leadership - Tim Gillman, Barclays
- Panel Discussion: Leadership through the lens of History, Academia and the Media - (chaired by Michael Collie) Dr Ian Stewart of Inspirational Development Group, Sean McKnight, Director of Studies at RMAS, James Clark, former Sunday Times journalist, Daren Bowyer, The Sandhurst Foundation
- Leading in Crisis - John Deverell CBE, CEO, Deverell Associates
- Leadership and Spiritual Purpose - Rev Paul Wright CF, Senior Chaplain, Royal Military Academy, Sandhurst
- Panel Discussion: Lessons for Senior Leaders (chaired by Michael Collie) Emily Shepperd, BNY Mellon, Guy Munnoch, former CEO Zurich SA, Stephen Bennett, CEO IDG, Ganesh Natarajan, Vice Chairman & CEO at Zensar Technologies