Centre for Banking Research holds workshop on Bank Business Models
Event held in partnership with Euro-Mediterranean Economists Association
The Centre for Banking Research at Cass Business School held a workshop to discuss bank business models on Tuesday 19th June. Held in partnership with the Euro-Mediterranean Economists Association (EMEA), the workshop featured speakers from the Bank of International Settlements, the European Central Bank and universities and banks around the world.
Professor Rym Ayadi of EMEA and Cass Business School also launched her new book, Business Models in banks: definition, identification and financial stability assessment – Europe, United States and Canada at the workshop.
Some of the topics discussed at the workshop included:
- Bank business models: popularity and performance
- Negative interest rates, excess liquidity and retail deposits: Banks’ reaction to unconventional monetary policy in the euro area
- Bank Business Model Migrations in Europe: Determinants and Effects
- Bank Business Strategies at the Edge of Distress
- Business Models and Value
- European banks after the global financial crisis
- Looking back and look forward: bank business models in a changing landscape
Find out more about the Centre for Banking Research here.