Second Digital Transformation and Strategy Forum
The forum featured two panels that explored the topics of 'Digital transformations and strategy' and 'Digital transformation, risk and governance'.
The second annual Digital Transformation and Strategy Forum was held at Cass Business School. The event was sponsored by Cass's Digital Leadership Research Centre.
Panellists on the day included:
- Shazad Ansari (Cambridge Judge Business School)
- Simon Bates (Managing Partner, Global Digital Transformation, ATOSConsulting)
- Julian Birkinshaw (LBS)
- Didier Bonnet (Global Head, Digital Transformation, CapGemini)
- Igor Filatotchev (King’s College)
- Gerard Grech (CEO, TechNation)
- Paula Jarzabkowski (Cass Business School)
- Tobias Kretschmer (LMU)
- Davide Ravasi (UCL)
- Lourdes Sosa (LSE)
- Chris Tucci (EPFL)
- Paolo Volpin (Cass Business School)
The forum also showcased papers that focused on the following topics:
- Digital transformation and competitive dynamics
- Digital transformation and the scope of the firm
- Knowledge and strategies in ecosystems and in a digitally transformed world
- Artificial intelligence, distributed ledgers and firms' strategy
- Digital transformation: Business models and entrepreneurship - special track chaired by Raffaello Balocco (Politecnico di Milano School of Management and Digital Innovation Observatories), Antonio Ghezzi (Politecnico di Milano School of Management and Digital Innovation Observatories) and Cristina Rossi-Lamastra (Politecnico di Milano School of Management).
The forum gave attendees the opportunity to meet several of the Editors from three journals’ special issues related to the topics being explored. These were “Digital Transformation: What is new if anything?” (Academy of Management Discoveries), “Managing Digital Transformation: In search of new principles” (California Management Review); "Corporate Strategy and the Theory of the Firm in the Digital Age (Journal of Management Studies).