Valdery is a PhD Candidate in Management at Cass Business School in London and a computer scientist/project manager in the Clinical Data Animation Center at the Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School in Boston, MA, USA.
He is currently working on research projects that uses new computational techniques that are employed to acquire, convert, analyze and store large amounts of clinical data and medical records. He is interested in understanding how analytics tools and models can maximize clinical data’s value and makes a real impact on healthcare management.
Valdery holds the following professional certifications:
- Project Management Institute (PMI), Program Management Professional (PgMP), 2013
- Project Management Institute (PMI), Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP), 2011
- Scrum Alliance, CSM Certified ScrumMaster, 2011
- SOFTEX Brazil, P1-MPS.BR (Brazilian Software Process Improvement), 2007
- EXIN, ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management, 2006
- EXIN, ITIL Practitioner’s Certificate in IT Service Level Management (SLM/SLA), 2006
- Project Management Institute (PMI), Project Management Professional (PMP), 2005
Research Interests: Project Portfolio Management, Value-based Management, Project Management in Clinical Research, Big Data, Data Analytics, Health Informatics.
- PhD in Management, Cass Business School, City University of London, United Kingdom, 2016 – 2020
- PhD in Management, TIAS School for Business and Society, Tilburg University, Netherlands, 2016 – 2020
- MS in Knowledge Management and Information Technology, Universidade Católica de Brasília, Brazil, 2010
- MBA in Strategic Management of Information System, Fundação Getulio Vargas, Brasilia, Brazil, 2006
- BS Computer Science, Universidade Católica de Brasília, Brasília, Brazil, 2004
- Exec Certificate in Management and Leadership, MIT Sloan, Cambridge, United States, 2011 – 2012
- PMI Leadership Institute Master Class, Project Management Institute (PMI), United States, Jan 2009 – Jan 2010
- Project Management Specialization, Fundação Getulio Vargas, Brasilia, Brazil, Jan 2005
- PhD Candidate, Cass Business School, 2016 – present
- Project Manager, Clinical Data Animation Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Jan 2013 – present
- Project & Service Manager, Level 3 Communications, 2009 – 2012
- IT Manager, Ministry of Social Development and Hunger Prevention of Brazil, 2008 – 2009
- Project Manager (PMO), Indra (formerly Politec), 2004 – 2007
Memberships of committees
- Executive Vice President, PMI Mass Bay Chapter, 2018 – present
- Subject Matter Expert Reviewer, PMI EMEA Congress 2018 Paper Review Committee, Sep 2017 – present
- Advisor/Member, PMI Communities of Practice Member Advisory Group (CoP MAG), 2012 – 2015
Memberships of professional organisations
- Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS), 2013 – present
- Project Management Institute (PMI), 2005 – present
- Project Management Institute (PMI) (2013) PMI Community of Practices Tiger Team Excellence Award
Award given in a special ceremony for recognition of the excellent business case developed to transition 30+ communities of practice into an integrated online community.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) (2012) PMI Community of Practice of the Year Award
Award given in a ceremony for the best community of practice results over the year.
English and Portuguese.
- Americas - North
- An, J., Jonnalagadda, D., Moura, V., Purdon, P.L., Brown, E.N. and Westover, M.B. (2015). Spatial variation in automated burst suppression detection in pharmacologically induced coma.
Journal articles (9)
- An, J., Jonnalagadda, D., Moura, V., Purdon, P.L., Brown, E.N. and Westover, M.B. (2018). Variability in pharmacologically-induced coma for treatment of refractory status epilepticus. PLoS ONE, 13(10). doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0205789.
- Shenoy, E.S., Rosenthal, E.S., Shao, Y.P., Biswal, S., Ghanta, M., Ryan, E.E. … Westover, M.B. (2018). Real-Time, Automated Detection of Ventilator-Associated Events: Avoiding Missed Detections, Misclassifications, and False Detections Due to Human Error. Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology, 39(7), pp. 826–833. doi:10.1017/ice.2018.97.
- Kim, J.A., Rosenthal, E.S., Biswal, S., Zafar, S., Shenoy, A.V., O'Connor, K.L. … Westover, M.B. (2017). Epileptiform abnormalities predict delayed cerebral ischemia in subarachnoid hemorrhage. Clinical Neurophysiology, 128(6), pp. 1091–1099. doi:10.1016/j.clinph.2017.01.016.
- Moura, L.M.V.R., Carneiro, T.S., Kwasnik, D., Moura, V.F., Blodgett, C.S., Cohen, J. … Westover, M.B. (2017). CEEG electrode-related pressure ulcers in acutely hospitalized patients. Neurology: Clinical Practice, 7(1), pp. 15–25. doi:10.1212/CPJ.0000000000000312.
- Shenoy, E.S., Rosenthal, E.S., Biswal, S., Ghanta, M., Ryan, E.E., Shao, Y.-.P. … Westover, M.B. (2017). Real-Time Automated Surveillance for Ventilator Associated Events Using Streaming Electronic Health Data. Open Forum Infectious Diseases, 4(suppl_1). doi:10.1093/ofid/ofx163.1681.
- Moura, L.M.V.R., Schwamm, E., Moura Junior, V., Seitz, M.P., Hsu, J., Cole, A.J. … Schwamm, L.H. (2016). Feasibility of the collection of patient-reported outcomes in an ambulatory neurology clinic. Neurology, 87(23), pp. 2435–2442. doi:10.1212/WNL.0000000000003409.
- Moura, L.M.V.R., Schwamm, E.L., Junior, V.M., Seitz, M.P., Hoch, D.B., Hsu, J. … Schwamm, L.H. (2016). Patient-reported financial barriers to adherence to treatment in neurology. ClinicoEconomics and Outcomes Research, 8, pp. 685–694. doi:10.2147/CEOR.S119971.
- Wickering, E., Gaspard, N., Zafar, S., Moura, V.J., Biswal, S., Bechek, S. … Westover, M.B. (2016). Automation of Classical QEEG trending methods for early detection of delayed cerebral ischemia: More work to do. Journal of Clinical Neurophysiology, 33(3), pp. 227–234. doi:10.1097/WNP.0000000000000278.
- Biswal, S., Nip, Z., Moura, V., Bianchi, M.T., Rosenthal, E.S. and Westover, M.B. (2015). Automated information extraction from free-text EEG reports. Proceedings of the Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, EMBS, 2015-November, pp. 6804–6807. doi:10.1109/EMBC.2015.7319956.
- Moura Junior, Nível de maturidade em gerenciamento de projetos de TI : um comparativo entre o cenário brasileiro e canadense. (Master's Thesis)
- IRNOP (International Research Network on Organizing by Projects). (Conference) Boston, MA (2017).
Paper: Value-Based Project Portfolio Management
Author: Moura Junior, Valdery
- Project Management in Practice Conference. (Conference) Boston University, Boston, MA (2013). Invited speaker.
Paper: Understanding the PgMP Credential
Author: Moura Junior, Valdery