Shiyun (Eva) Zhong is a PhD candidate in Management at Bayes Business School (formerly Cass), City, University of London. She holds a B.B.A. and an M.Phil in business management, with operating experience in insurance, hospitality, and recreation sectors. Prior to joining the Bayes, Eva has been a professional analyzer and project associate with a demonstrated history of working in the higher education industry in Hong Kong.
Her earlier research interest focuses on two related areas: research methods application in intra-organization management, and quality management in business planning and operation. She is currently engaging in studies of human resource management in entrepreneurship for her candidateship.
- Postgraduate Scholarships, Government of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- M.Phil, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong
- B.B.A., Sun Yat-sen University, China
- Graduate Certificate (English Translation and Interpretation), Sun Yat-sen University, China
- Certificate in Hotel Industry Analytics (CHIA), American Hotel & Lodging Association, United States
- Visiting Lecturer, City, University London, Sep 2020 – present
- Project Associate, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Jan 2017 – Jan 2019
- Research Assistant, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Jan 2014 – Jan 2016
Chinese (Cantonese), Chinese (Mandarin) and English.
Conference papers and proceedings (4)
- Liu, Z.P., Zhong, S.Y., Xiao, H.G. and Xia, S.Y. (2017). Enhancing Academic-practitioner Knowledge Networks: Institutional Mechanisms Initiated by Two Social Entrepreneurs. The 15th APacCHRIE & Youth Conference 31 Dec 2017 – 2 Jun 2017, Indonesia.
- Zhong, S. and Liu, Z.P. (2016). Challenges and Difficulties in Doctoral Studies of Hospitality and Tourism Management: Interplay at Institutional, Supervisor and Student Levels. The 2nd Global Tourism & Hospitality Conference and the 15th Asia Pacific Forum for Graduate Students Research in Tourism 16-18 May, Hong Kong.
- Zhong, S. and John, A. (2012). Urban Historic District Transformation - Experience of Guangzhou Liwan District and Foshan Zumiao Donghuali Zone, Guangdong, China. The 2nd World Research Summit for Hospitality and Tourism 13-16 December, Orlando, U.S.A..
- Zhong, S. and John, A. (2012). Transformation of Urban Historic District: Case Study of Foshan Lingnan Tiandi, Guangdong, China. The 12th World Leisure Congress 30 Sep 2012 – 3 Oct 2012, Rimini, Italy.
- Sun, S., Liu, Z.G., Law, R. and Zhong, S.E. (2017). Exploring human resource challenges in China’s tourism industry. Tourism Recreation Research, 42(1), pp. 72–83. doi:10.1080/02508281.2016.1253199.
- Zhong, S. Transformation of urban historic districts into tourism and recreational attraction areas : a tale of two case studies in China. (Master's Thesis)