Linda Mitrojorgji is a PhD fellow in Management at Cass Business School, City University London. Her research focuses on the problem formulation process as part of decision making in organizations. She uses ethnography and other qualitative methods to offer a process model view of problem formulation as an opportunity and value creation process. She looks at creative industries, more specifically architectural practice, to better understand the problem formulation process in organizations, both at group and individual level.
Prior to starting her PhD, Linda worked as an architect and urban planner at various European and US firms. She is a Fulbright Fellow and holds a Dual Master’s Degree in Architecture and Urban Planning from University of Illinois, Urbana- Champaign, USA.
- PhD in Management (expected 2019), Cass Business School, City, University of London, United Kingdom, 2016 – 2019
- Dual Degree: Master of Architecture and Master of Urban Planning, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, United States, Jan 1999 – Jan 2002
- Graduate Teaching Assistant, City University London, London, Sep – Dec 2015
- Adjunct Lecturer, ESC Rennes School of Business, Sep – Dec 2014
- Graduate Teaching Assistant, ESC Rennes School of Business, Jan – May 2014
- Architect and Urban Planner, C7 Associates, Cambridge, MA, USA, 2007 – 2009
- Architect and Urban Planner, SG&A Inc., Boston, MA, USA, 2002 – 2007
- Graduate Teaching Assistant, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, Jan 2001 – Jan 2002
- Graduate Research Assistant, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, 1999 – 2001
Memberships of professional organisations
- Strategic Management Society, 2015 – present
- Academy of Management
- European Group for Organizational Studies (EGOS)
Albanian, English, French and Italian.
Conference papers and proceedings (6)
- Mitrojorgji, L. (2019). Materiality of attention: How selective use of materiality sustains designing shared representations. Academy of Management Annual Meeting 9-13 August, Boston, MA.
- Fonti, F., Mitrojorgji, L. and Lieser, J. (2018). The role of design practices and tools for technological and managerial innovation in start-up firms. Academy of Management Annual Meeting 10-14 August, Chicago, IL.
- Mitrojorgji, L. (2017). An inductive study of design as a problem formulation activity. 33rd EGOS Colloquium 6-8 July, Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Mitrojorgji, L. (2017). Problem formulation or problem creation? A process view of problem formulation as a value creating activity.
- Mitrojorgji, L., Fonti, F. and Vaillant, Y. (2016). Design for innovation: The influence of design methods and processes on idea generation and selection. Academy of Management Annual Meeting 5-9 August, Anaheim, CA, USA.
- Mitrojorgji, L., Fonti, F. and Vaillant, Y. (2015). Design for innovation: The influence of design methods and processes on idea generation and selection. 35th Strategic Management Society (SMS) Conference 3-6 October, Denver, CO, USA.
Academy of Management Conference (OMT division);
Creative and Innovation Management