Lei started her PhD programme in Actuarial Science at Cass Business School in 2018. Prior to joining Cass, she obtained a First Honor PhD degree of Economics in Actuarial Science from Shanghai University of Finance and Economics. She was also a Joint PhD student in London School of Economics.
She was awarded Sir Edward Johnston Prize by Institute and Faculty of Actuaries in 2013.
Her research interest lies in risk management, systemic risk management and digital transformation.
- PhD in Actuarial Science, Shanghai University of Finance and Economics, China, Sep 2013 – Jun 2018
- Bachelor in Actuarial Science, Shanghai University of Finance and Economics, China, Sep 2009 – Jun 2013
- Joint PhD in Systemic Risk Centre, London School of Economics and Political Science, London, United Kingdom
- Research Assistant, London School of Economics, Sep 2016 – Aug 2017
- Internship, Pricing Actuary, MetLife, Sep 2012 – Aug 2013
Chinese (Mandarin) (can read, write, speak, understand spoken and peer review) and English (can read, write, speak, understand spoken and peer review).
- Professor Andreas Tsanakas, Professor of Risk Management
- Professor Gianvito Lanzolla, Professor of Strategy
- Fang, L., Lanzolla, G. and Tsanakas, A. (2020). Digital Technology Adoption and Changes in Management Priorities. The 80th annual meeting of the Academy of Management 7-11 August.
- Wang, K., Fang, L. and Cheng, J. (2020). Management of Commissions to Meet the Regulatory Requirements: Evidence from Property-Casualty Insurance in China. Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice, 45, pp. 508–534. doi:10.1057/s41288-020-00161-y.
- Fang, L., Cheng, J. and Su, F. (2019). Interconnectedness and systemic risk: A comparative study based on systemically important regions. Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, 54, pp. 147–158. doi:10.1016/j.pacfin.2019.02.007.
- Su, F. and Fang, L. (2016). Regional differences of rural financial exclusion: is it mainly because of insufficiency in demand or supply? Management World (管理世界), 2016(9), pp. 70–83. doi:10.19744/j.cnki.11-1235/f.2016.09.007.
Journal articles (8)
- Fang, L. and Su, F. (2018). An Analysis of the Existence of Systemic Risk in China's Insurance Market Based on Dynamic Equilibrium Model. Insurance Study, (11), pp. 17–28. doi:10.13497/j.cnki.is.2018.11.002.
- Su, F. and Fang, L. (2017). Analysis on the optimal mode of policy-based agricultural insurance subsidy——based on the study of “Thousand Villages Survey”. Journal of Finance and Economics (财经研究), 43(11), pp. 140–153. doi:10.16538/j.cnki.jfe.2017.11.011.
- Fang, L. and Su, F. (2017). Main causes of systemic risk in banking industries (Year's Best Papers). Studies of International Finance (国际金融研究）, 2017(8), pp. 65–74. doi:10.16475/j.cnki.1006-1029.2017.08.007.
- Fang, L. and Su, F. (2017). Spacial correlation of villages regarding financial exclusion. Collected Essays on Finance and Economics (财经论丛), 2017(1), pp. 39–48. doi:10.13762/j.cnki.cjlc.2017.01.003.
- Su, F. and Fang, L. (2016). The role of positive government in improving inclusive finance in rural areas. Journal of Finance and Economics (财经研究), 2016(12), pp. 72–83. doi:10.16538/j.cnki.jfe.2016.12.007.
- Fang, L. and Su, F. (2016). The substitution effect between subsidy and insurance awareness. Economic Management (经济管理), 2016(10), pp. 140–154. doi:10.19616/j.cnki.bmj.2016.10.011.
- Fang, L. and Su, F. (2016). The optimal degree of premium marketization for Chinese automobile insurance market. Journal of Finance and Economics (财经研究), 2016(4), pp. 112–122. doi:10.16538/j.cnki.jfe.2016.04.011.
- Wang, Z., Fang, L. and Tang, T. (2016). The optimal investment and underwriting proportion of insurers from the angle of ERM. Insurance Studies (保险研究), 2016(2), pp. 17–25. doi:10.13497/j.cnki.is.2016.02.002.
- Fang, L. The Formation Mechanism of Systemic Risk in China’s Insurance Industry and Countermeasure. (PhD Thesis)