John Jacob is a PhD student in Management at Cass Business School, and Senior Director at the British Columbia Children's Hospital in Vancouver, Canada. The focus of John's research is in investigating the impact of digital technologies and advancements on health systems performance. In particular, John is studying how advancements such as virtual reality, 3D printing, and machine learning can affect quality, access, and costs within the context of hospitals and healthcare systems.
- MSc, Health Economics, Policy, and Management, London School of Economics, UK
- MBA, University of British Columbia, Canada
- BA, Psychology, Thompson Rivers University, Canada
- Primary Care Paramedic, Justice Institute of British Columbia, Canada
- Senior Director, British Columbia Children's Hospital, Mar 2013 – present
- Manager, Emergency Medical Programs, Justice Institute of British Columbia, Jan 2009 – Feb 2013
- Paramedic, British Columbia Ambulance Service, Jan 2007 – Nov 2016
- Richmond, S.A., Black, A.M., Jacob, J., Babul, S. and Pike, I. (2019). ‘Active & Safe Central’: development of an online resource for the prevention of injury in sport and recreational activity. Injury Prevention, 25(6), pp. 546–551. doi:10.1136/injuryprev-2019-043164.