Edwin is a 4th year Ph.D. candidate in Management at Cass Business School, University of London. He is also a visiting Ph.D. and an affiliate fellow at Harvard University. Edwin holds a B.A. and M.Phil. in Musicology from the University of Cambridge. Prior to joining Cass, Edwin was a researcher at the University of Cambridge Judge Business School.
Edwin’s PhD, co-supervised by Prof Laura Empson and Prof Paula Jarzabkowski, explores innovation processes and the co-creation of innovation within professional service firms. In particular, he focuses on the integration of humanistic elements of innovation with over-arching processes, the multiplicity of skillsets necessary to innovate successfully, and how firms can learn to innovate continuously. Edwin has a year’s worth of data from one of UK's leading global law firms – where he conducted over 80 interviews and physically observed the firm’s innovation efforts for six months.
Outside academia, Edwin also works with the United Nations International Telecommunication Union on innovation projects.
- M.Phil, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom, Oct 2013 – Sep 2014
- B.A., University of Cambridge, United Kingdom, Sep 2010 – Jun 2013
- Guest Lecturer, Cass Business School, Oct 2018 – present
- Intern, United Nations - International Telecommunication Union, Jul – Sep 2018
- Visiting Ph.D. and Affiliate Fellow, Harvard University, May 2018 – present
- Teaching Assistant, Cass Business School, Oct 2015 – present
- Research Assistant, University of Cambridge, Nov 2014 – Jun 2015
Chinese (Cantonese) (can read, write, speak and understand spoken), Chinese (Mandarin) (can read, write, speak and understand spoken), English (can read, write, speak, understand spoken and peer review), French (can understand spoken) and German (can understand spoken).
Internet publications (2)
- Lee, E., Barrett, M. and Fasihi, A. (2017). Kickstarting Disruptive Innovation. Digital Health Learning Network, Cambridge Digital Innovation.
- Lee, E., Barrett, M. and Fasihi, A. Heads up Pharma – AI Incoming. Digital Health Learning Network, Cambridge Digital Innovation.
- Lee, E., Ba, M. and Arana, J. (2018). Digital Innovation Profile South Africa – ICT-centric innovation ecosystem snapshot. Geneva, Switzerland: United Nations International Telecommunications Union.