Dipsikha Guha Majumdar is currently a PhD student at City's Business School. Deeply inspired by field experiences of working closely with marginalized groups, her research interests are in areas of gender and development, poverty and rural entrepreneurship. Before joining the PhD programme, Dipsikha has worked extensively with low-income, vulnerable communities in India, primarily involved in designing and implementing development interventions for low-income groups in collaboration with the community, state-level governance institutions, NGOs, international development organisations and corporations. Dipsikha holds post-graduate degrees in Social Work from University of Pune and Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai. She completed a post-graduate certification in sustainable development and responsible leadership from the Swedish Institute, Stockholm.
- Sustainable Development and Responsible Leadership, Swedish Institute, Sweden, Mar – Oct 2018
- MPhil in Social Work, Tata Institute of Social Sciences, India, Sep 2012 – Jul 2014
- Masters in Social Work, University of Pune, India, Sep 2006 – Apr 2008
- Bachelors in Philosophy (Honours), Presidency University, India, Jun 2003 – Jun 2006
- Lead, CSR & Business Ethics, Tata AIG General Insurance Company, Aug 2017 – Aug 2019
- Senior Manager, Larsen & Toubro (India), Nov 2016 – Aug 2017
- Assistant Manager, CSR, Tata Communications Limited, Sep 2014 – Nov 2016
- Programs Manager, Non-Governmental Organisations, May 2008 – Sep 2012
Bengali, English, Hindi and Marathi.
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Critical Management Studies
- Entrepreneurship & Small Business Management
- Qualitative Research Methods
- Voluntary Sector Management
- non-profit & voluntary sector