Dr Oben Ceryan is a Senior Lecturer in Operations & Supply Chain Management at the Cass Business School, City, University of London. His research interests are in the areas of dynamic pricing, revenue management, operations - marketing interface, and supply chain management. His work has been published in Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, Production & Operations Management, Decision Sciences, and IIE Transactions, among other journals, and was recognized by being selected as a featured article and through a Ford Motor Company Best Paper Award. He teaches modules on pricing and revenue management, quantitative methods and analytics, and supply chain analytics. He received his Ph.D degree from the University of Michigan. He is a member of INFORMS, MSOM, POMS, and INFORMS Pricing and Revenue Management Section.
- PhD, University of Michigan–Ann Arbor, United States
- MS, University of Michigan–Ann Arbor, United States
- BS, Bogazici University, Turkey
- Senior Lecturer, City, University of London, Aug 2019 – present
- Lecturer, City, University of London, Sep 2018 – Jul 2019
- Management Science
- Operations Management
- Operations Research
- Production & Operations Management
- Supply Chain Management
Journal articles (8)
- Ogunranti, G.A., Ceryan, O. and Banerjee, A. (2021). Buyer-supplier currency exchange rate flexibility contracts in global supply chains. European Journal of Operational Research, 288(2), pp. 420–435. doi:10.1016/j.ejor.2020.05.053.
- Ceryan, O. (2019). Asymmetric Pricing and Replenishment Controls for Substitutable Products. Decision Sciences, 50(5), pp. 1093–1119. doi:10.1111/deci.12366.
- Dimitrov, S. and Ceryan, O. (2018). Optimal inventory decisions when offering layaway. International Journal of Production Research. doi:10.1080/00207543.2018.1502484.
- Ceryan, O., Duenyas, I. and Sahin, O. (2018). Dynamic Pricing and Replenishment with Customer Upgrades. Production and Operations Management, 27(4), pp. 663–679. doi:10.1111/poms.12816.
- Ceryan, O., Sahin, O. and Duenyas, I. (2013). Dynamic pricing of substitutable products in the presence of capacity flexibility. Manufacturing and Service Operations Management, 15(1), pp. 86–101. doi:10.1287/msom.1120.0404.
- Ceryan, O., Duenyas, I. and Koren, Y. (2012). Optimal control of an assembly system with demand for the end-product and intermediate components. IIE Transactions (Institute of Industrial Engineers), 44(5), pp. 386–403. doi:10.1080/0740817X.2011.609525.
- Ceryan, O. and Koren, Y. (2009). Manufacturing capacity planning strategies. CIRP Annals, 58(1), pp. 403–406. doi:10.1016/j.cirp.2009.03.034.
- Michalek, J.J., Ceryan, O., Papalambros, P.Y. and Koren, Y. (2006). Balancing Marketing and Manufacturing Objectives in Product Line Design. Journal of Mechanical Design, 128(6), pp. 1196–1204. doi:10.1115/1.2336252.
Editorial activity (5)
- Decision Sciences, Referee, 2019 – present.
- IISE Transactions, Referee, 2018 – present.
- Production and Operations Management, Referee, 2015 – present.
- Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, Referee, 2014 – present.
- Operations Research, Referee, 2010 – present.