Max Bruche received his PhD in Finance from the London School of Economics and holds a BA in Politics, Philosophy and Economics and MPhil in Economics, both from Oxford University. He has previously worked at the Centro de Estudios Monetarios y Financieros (CEMFI) in Madrid, and has held visiting positions at Lehman Brothers, the European Central Bank, and the Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
Max is interested in debt finance, debt markets, financial intermediation, and corporate finance.
For more information, please see Max Bruche's personal homepage.
- BA in Philosophy, Politics, Economics, Oxford, United Kingdom
- MPhil in Economics, Oxford, United Kingdom
- PhD in Finance, London School of Economics and Political Science, London, United Kingdom
German, Portuguese and Spanish; Castilian.
- Corporate Finance
Pipeline Risk in Leveraged Loan Syndication
(with Frederic Malherbe and Ralf Meisenzahl)
- Bruche, M.E.B. and Llobet, G. (2013). Preventing Zombie Lending. The Review of Financial Studies. doi:10.1093/rfs/hht064.
- Bruche, M.E.B. and Segura, A. Debt Maturity and the Liquidity of Secondary Debt Markets. Journal of Financial Economics.
Journal articles (4)
- Bruche, M. (2011). Creditor coordination, liquidation timing, and debt valuation. Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, 46(5), pp. 1407–1436. doi:10.1017/S0022109011000330.
- Bruche, M. and Naqvi, H. (2010). A structural model of debt pricing with creditor-determined liquidation. Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, 34(5), pp. 951–967. doi:10.1016/j.jedc.2010.01.005.
- Bruche, M. and Gonzalez-Aguado, C. (2010). Recovery rates, default probabilities, and the credit cycle. JOURNAL OF BANKING & FINANCE, 34(4), pp. 754–764. doi:10.1016/j.jbankfin.2009.04.009.
- Bruche, M. and Suarez, J. (2010). Deposit insurance and money market freezes. Journal of Monetary Economics, 57(1), pp. 45–61. doi:10.1016/j.jmoneco.2009.11.007.
- Bruche, M. (2005). Estimating structural bond pricing models via simulated maximum likelihood.
Media appearances (6)
- 'Handling of the Cypriot crisis: a negative example,'. (2013) Caixin.com (website).
- Cyprus agreement with the EU. (2013) Caixan.
- 'Irish bank cure no panacea for Spain,'. (2012) Reuters.
- Espagne: la strategie risquee de Mariano Rajoy. (2012) www.lepoint.fr.
- Spanish government injects 19 bn EUR in Bankia. (2012) Caixin.com (website).
- Only the EU can save Spanish banks now. (2012) www.publicserviceeurope.com (website).