James is a Research Fellow in the Faculty of Management at the Cass Business School. He started his research career in 2005 after graduating with an MSc in Electronic Business Systems from City, University of London. He has worked on a range of research and industrial projects, mainly in the areas of requirements analysis, modelling and specification. His most recent research has been involved in developing digital creativity support for professional work and care for older people.
His main research interests are goal modelling and analysis, and the development of creativity support tools.
- Lockerbie, J. and Maiden, N.A.M. (2016). Using the Bright Sparks Software Tool During Creative Design Work. In Markopoulos, P., Martens, J.-.B., Malins, J., Coninx, K. and Liapis, A. (Eds.), Collaboration in Creative Design (pp. 319–335). Springer. ISBN 978-3-319-29153-6.
Conference papers and proceedings (23)
- Maiden, N., Zachos, K., Lockerbie, J., Camargo, K. and Hoddy, S. (2017). Establishing digital creativity support in non-creative work environments.
- Maiden, N., Zachos, K., Lockerbie, J., Levis, S., Camargo, K., Hoddy, S. … ACM, (2017). Evaluating Digital Creativity Support To Improve Health-and-Safety in a Manufacturing Plant.
- Bennaceur, A., Lockerbie, J. and Horkoff, J. (2015). On the learnability of i∗: Experiences from a new teacher.
- Horkoff, J., Maiden, N. and Lockerbie, J. (2015). Creativity and goal modeling for software requirements engineering.
- Horkoff, J., Lockerbie, J., Franch, X., Yu, E. and Mylopoulos, J. (2015). Report on the First International i* Teaching Workshop (iStarT).
- (2015). Proceedings of the 1st International iStar Teaching Workshop co-located with the 27th International Conference on Advanced Information Systems Engineering (CAiSE 2015), Stockholm, Sweden, June 9, 2015.
- Williams, C., Ibbotson, J., Lockerbie, J. and Attwood, K. (2014). Mission Assurance through Requirements Traceability.
- Maiden, N., Lockerbie, J., Zachos, K., Bertolino, A., De Angelis, G. and Lonetti, F. (2014). A requirements-led approach for specifying QoS-aware service choreographies: An experience report.
- Alrajeh, D., Russo, A., Lockerbie, J., Maiden, N.A.M., Mavin, A. and Novak, M. (2013). Computational alignment of goals and scenarios for complex systems.
- Krogstie, B.R., Krogstie, J., Maiden, N.A.M., Lockerbie, J., Wessel, D. and Knipfer, K. (2012). Collaborative modelling of reflection to inform the development and evaluation of work-based learning technologies.
- Autili, M., Di Ruscio, D., Inverardi, P., Lockerbie, J. and Tivoli, M. (2011). A development process for requirements based service choreography.
- Baresi, L., Cleland-Huang, J., Lockerbie, J., Maiden, N. and Pasquale, L. (2011). An introduction to the workshop on requirements for systems, services, and systems of systems.
- Zachos, K., Lockerbie, J., Hughes, B. and Matthews, P. (2011). Towards a framework for describing cloud service characteristics for use by chief information officers.
- Lockerbie, J., Maiden, N., Dotan, A. and Lichtner, V. (2010). Using i* to Support a Summative Evaluation. Fourth International i* Workshop 7-8 June, Tunisia.
- Lockerbie, J., Bush, D., Maiden, N., Blom, H. and Everdij, M. (2010). Using i* modelling as a bridge between air traffic management operational concepts and agent-based simulation analysis.
- Siena, A., Maiden, N.A.M., Lockerbie, J., Karlsen, I.K., Perini, A. and Susi, A. (2008). Exploring the Effectiveness of Normative i* Modelling: Results from a Case Study on Food Chain Traceability.
- Lockerbie, J. and Maiden, N.A.M. (2008). Extending i* to Fit with the Requirements World.
- Maiden, N., Ncube, C. and Lockerbie, J. (2008). Inventing requirements: Experiences with an airport operations system.
- Lockerbie, J. and Maiden, N.A.M. (2008). REDEPEND: Tool Support for i* Modelling in Large-scale Industrial Projects.
- Lockerbie, J., Karlsen, K., Puccio, M., Morreale, V. and Bonura, S. (2008). Using requirements to define services for service-centric food traceability information systems.
- Ncube, C., Lockerbie, J. and Maiden, N. (2007). Automatically generating requirements from i* models: Experiences with a complex airport operations system.
- Maiden, N., Lockerbie, J., Randall, D., Jones, S. and Bush, D. (2007). Using satisfaction arguments to enhance i* modelling of an air traffic management system.
- Lockerbie, J. and Maiden, N.A.M. (2006). REDEPEND: Extending i* Modelling into Requirements Processes.
Journal articles (2)
- Lockerbie, J., Maiden, N.A.M., Engmann, J., Randall, D., Jones, S. and Bush, D. (2012). Exploring the impact of software requirements on system-wide goals: a method using satisfaction arguments and i* goal modelling. Requir. Eng., 17, pp. 227–254.
- Seyff, N., Maiden, N., Karlsen, K., Lockerbie, J., Grünbacher, P., Graf, F. … Ncube, C. (2009). Exploring how to use scenarios to discover requirements. Requirements Engineering, 14(2), pp. 91–111. doi:10.1007/s00766-009-0077-9.