Francisco is a reader in Finance at Cass Business School, having joined in January 2019. Prior he was an assistant professor in Finance at Erasmus University. He does research in corporate finance and corporate governance, with an emphasis on ownership concentration and its consequences. He holds a PhD from Tilburg University.
- PhD in Finance, Tilburg University, Netherlands
- MSc in Accounting and Finance, London School of Economics and Political Science, United Kingdom
- BA in Business and Economics, Pontifical Catholic University of Chile, Chile
- Reader in Finance, Cass Business School, Jan 2019 – present
- Assistant professor, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Sep 2013 – Dec 2018
Dutch; Flemish and Spanish - Latin American.
- Americas - South
Journal articles (10)
- González, F., Prem, M. and Urzúa, F.I. (2020). The Privatization Origins of Political Corporations: Evidence from the Pinochet Regime. Journal of Economic History, 80(2), pp. 417–456. doi:10.1017/S0022050719000780.
- Buchuk, D., Larrain, B., Prem, M. and Urzúa, F.I. (2019). How Do Internal Capital Markets Work? Evidence from the Great Recession. Review of Finance. doi:10.1093/rof/rfz022.
- Larrain, B., Sertsios, G. and Urzúa I, F. (2019). The Effects of Losing a Business Group Affiliation. American Historical Review, 124(2), pp. 3036–3074. doi:10.1093/rfs/hhy120.
- Larrain, B., Tapia, M. and Urzúa I., F. (2017). Investor protection and corporate control. Journal of Corporate Finance, 47, pp. 174–190. doi:10.1016/j.jcorpfin.2017.09.002.
- Larrain, B. and Urzúa I., F. (2016). Do Business Groups Change With Market Development? Journal of Economics and Management Strategy, 25(3), pp. 750–784. doi:10.1111/jems.12165.
- Buchuk, D., Larrain, B., Muñoz, F. and Urzúa I., F. (2014). The internal capital markets of business groups: Evidence from intra-group loans. Journal of Financial Economics, 112(2), pp. 190–212. doi:10.1016/j.jfineco.2014.01.003.
- Larrain, B. and Urzúa I., F. (2013). Controlling shareholders and market timing in share issuance. Journal of Financial Economics, 109(3), pp. 661–681. doi:10.1016/j.jfineco.2013.03.013.
- Donelli, M., Larrain, B. and Francisco Urzúa, I. (2013). Ownership Dynamics with Large Shareholders: An Empirical Analysis. Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, 48(2), pp. 579–609. doi:10.1017/s0022109013000173.
- Urzúa I., F. (2009). Too few dividends? Groups' tunneling through chair and board compensation. Journal of Corporate Finance, 15(2), pp. 245–256. doi:10.1016/j.jcorpfin.2008.11.002.
- Lefort, F. and Urzúa, F. (2008). Board independence, firm performance and ownership concentration: Evidence from Chile. Journal of Business Research, 61(6), pp. 615–622. doi:10.1016/j.jbusres.2007.06.036.