Florian's primary research and teaching interests span across different areas of operations & supply chain management, including disruption risk and supply chain finance.
Prior to joining Cass Business School, Florian was a Visiting Scholar at the Kellogg School of Management (USA) where he carried out research on supply chain disruption risk management.
Florian received a PhD and a M.Sc. from the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne and Zurich respectively (Switzerland).
- PhD, École polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne, Switzerland
- Mathematical & Quantitative Methods
- Operations Management
- Production & Operations Management
- Risk Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Glinsky, V., Chopra, S. and Lücker, F. (2020). Managing Disruption Risk Over the Product Life Cycle. (pp. 101–120). Now Publishers.
- Lucker, F., Chopra, S. and Seifer, R.W. (2019). Disruption Risk Management in
Serial Multi-Echelon Supply Chains. (pp. 298–315). Now Publishers.
- Lücker, F. (2019). Using inventory to mitigate the Ripple effect.
Journal articles (4)
- Lücker, F., Chopra, S. and Seifert, R.W. (2021). Mitigating product shortages due to disruptions in multi-stage supply chains. Production and Operations Management.
- Lücker, F., Seifert, R.W. and Biçer, I. (2019). Roles of inventory and reserve capacity in mitigating supply chain disruption risk. International Journal of Production Research, 57(4), pp. 1238–1249. doi:10.1080/00207543.2018.1504173.
- Lücker, F. and Seifert, R.W. (2017). Building up Resilience in a Pharmaceutical Supply Chain through Inventory, Dual Sourcing and Agility Capacity. Omega (United Kingdom), 73, pp. 114–124. doi:10.1016/j.omega.2017.01.001.
- Beisert, N. and Lücker, F. (2012). Construction of Lax connections by exponentiation. Journal of Mathematical Physics, 53(12), pp. 122304–122304. doi:10.1063/1.4769824.
- Lücker, F. and Chopra, S. (2018). Disruption Risk Management in Assembly and Distribution Supply Chains.
Editorial activity (3)
- International Journal of Production Research, IJPR, Reviewer, Mar 2018 – present.
- Production and Operations Management (POM), Reviewer, 2018 – present.
- European Journal of Operational Research (EJOR), Reviewer, 2017 – present.