Dimitris is a Senior Lecturer (Associate Prof) in Operations and Supply Chain Management at Cass Business School of City, University of London. Before joining Cass, Dimitris was a Senior Lecturer at the School of Management of the University of Bath, and prior to that he worked as a research fellow in a railway optimisation EPSRC project at the University Southampton. Dimitris is a Chemical Engineer from the National Technical University of Athens and holds an MBA and a PhD in Operational Research from the Athens University of Economics and Business, Greece.
Dimitris’ research is on the design, development and application of operations research methods for solving complex combinatorial optimisation problems that arise in the fields of Manufacturing and Service Operations Management and Transportation and Distribution Logistics. In particular, his main focus is on the development of mathematical models and computationally efficient methods to solve project and production scheduling, timetabling, vehicle routing, location, network design and districting problems. He has worked in numerous EU-funded and research projects for the development of optimisation-based decision support systems and his research work has been internationally awarded.
Dimitris is also an award-winning teacher. He teaches Operations and Supply Chain Management and Business Analytics in Executive MBAs as well as in an undergrad and postgrad level. Dimitris’ innovative teaching secured him several awards the last consecutive years, including a nomination for the Mary Tasker Award, and the opportunity to attend the International Teachers Programme in China 2015-2016 at CEIBS. ITP is the leading management faculty development programme in the world and offers the cutting edge of higher education methodologies. Dimitris shared his passion for programme design and leadership by serving as the Director of Studies for the MSc in Ops and Supply Chain Management at the University of Bath and sat on the committee for the Programme Design and Pedagogy of the School of Management, which aimed at redefining the teaching strategy and vision of the school.
- Fellow, Higher Education Academy, Apr 2015 – present
- Logistics & Distribution
- Management Science
- Operations Research
- Decision Theory
- Mathematical & Quantitative Methods
- Production & Operations Management
Conference papers and proceedings (2)
- Armstrong, J., Preston, J., Potts, C., Bektas, T. and Paraskevopoulos, D. (2015). Addressing nodal constraints on railway capacity.
- Repoussis, P.P., Paraskevopoulos, D.C., Tarantilis, C.D. and Ioannou, G. (2006). A reactive greedy randomized variable neighborhood tabu search for the vehicle routing problem with time windows.
Journal articles (9)
- Paraskevopoulos, D.C., Laporte, G., Repoussis, P.P. and Tarantilis, C.D. (2017). Resource constrained routing and scheduling: Review and research prospects. European Journal of Operational Research, 263(3), pp. 737–754. doi:10.1016/j.ejor.2017.05.035.
- Armstrong, J., Preston, J., Potts, C., Bektas, T. and Paraskevopoulos, D. (2017). Addressing nodal constraints on the capacity of railways. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part F: Journal of Rail and Rapid Transit, 231(5), pp. 637–646. doi:10.1177/0954409717706271.
- Repoussis, P.P., Paraskevopoulos, D.C., Vazacopoulos, A. and Hupert, N. (2016). Optimizing emergency preparedness and resource utilization in mass-casualty incidents. European Journal of Operational Research, 255(2), pp. 531–544. doi:10.1016/j.ejor.2016.05.047.
- Paraskevopoulos, D.C., Bektaş, T., Crainic, T.G. and Potts, C.N. (2016). A cycle-based evolutionary algorithm for the fixed-charge capacitated multi-commodity network design problem. European Journal of Operational Research, 253(2), pp. 265–279. doi:10.1016/j.ejor.2015.12.051.
- Paraskevopoulos, D.C., Tarantilis, C.D. and Ioannou, G. (2016). An adaptive memory programming framework for the resource-constrained project scheduling problem. International Journal of Production Research, 54(16), pp. 4938–4956. doi:10.1080/00207543.2016.1145814.
- Paraskevopoulos, D.C., Gürel, S. and Bektaş, T. (2016). The congested multicommodity network design problem. Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, 85, pp. 166–187. doi:10.1016/j.tre.2015.10.007.
- Paraskevopoulos, D.C., Tarantilis, C.D. and Ioannou, G. (2012). Solving project scheduling problems with resource constraints via an event list-based evolutionary algorithm. Expert Systems with Applications, 39(4), pp. 3983–3994. doi:10.1016/j.eswa.2011.09.062.
- Repoussis, P.P., Paraskevopoulos, D.C., Zobolas, G., Tarantilis, C.D. and Ioannou, G. (2009). A web-based decision support system for waste lube oils collection and recycling. European Journal of Operational Research, 195(3), pp. 676–700. doi:10.1016/j.ejor.2007.11.004.
- Paraskevopoulos, D.C., Repoussis, P.P., Tarantilis, C.D., Ioannou, G. and Prastacos, G.P. (2008). A reactive variable neighborhood tabu search for the heterogeneous fleet vehicle routing problem with time windows. Journal of Heuristics, 14(5), pp. 425–455. doi:10.1007/s10732-007-9045-z.