Alex has been involved in research and transactions in the global real estate sector for over 30 years. His career has encompassed award-winning sell side research (BZW), investment banking (CSFB), private equity (Apax Partners Capital), and fund management (M&G and Investec). He formed AME Capital in 2002, which developed a proprietary database and analytical tool for all listed real estate companies and real estate securities funds globally. This business was sold to Macquarie Securities in 2008, where he stayed for over three years as Head of Global Property Securities Analytics. In 2012 he formed Consilia Capital, a real estate investment advisory firm, and has developed an international institutional client base, as well as publishing regularly in academic journals. Consilia Capital specialises in the performance and strategies of real estate, infrastructure and real asset funds, combining academic research with practical applications.
- Chairman, EPRA Research Committee, EPRA, Sep 2016 – present
- Member of the Advisory Board, EPRA, EPRA, Sep 2016 – present
- Member, Advisory Board, Journal of European Real Estate Research, JERER, Oct 2015 – present
- Visiting Professor, Henley Business School, Jan 2015 – present
- Visiting Lecturer, University College, London, Oct 2014 – present
- Chairman, Investment Committee, Investec Global Real Estate Securities Fund, Investec Asset Management
- External Examiner , MSt Real Estate, Cambridge University, Cambridge University
- Visiting Professor, Henley Business School, University of Reading,, Jan 2017 – present
- External Examiner, University of Cambridge, Sep 2016 – present
- Visiting Professor, Cass Business School, Jan 2016 – present
- Visiting Lecturer, University College London, London, Oct 2015 – present
- Chairman, Investment Committee, Investec Global Real Estate Securities Fund, Jan 2015 – present
- Founder, Consilia Capital, May 2012 – present
- Moss, A., Clare, A., Thomas, S. and Seaton, J. (2015). Trend following and momentum strategies for global reits. Journal of Real Estate Portfolio Management, 21(1), pp. 21–31.
- Moss, A. and Baum, A. (2013). The use of listed real estate securities in asset management. EPRA.
Journal articles (7)
- Hoesli, M., Milcheva, S. and Moss, A. (2017). Is Financial Regulation Good or Bad for Real Estate Companies? – An Event Study. The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics. doi:10.1007/s11146-017-9634-z.
- Moss, A., Clare, A., Thomas, S. and Seaton, J. (2017). Can sector-specific REIT strategies outperform a diversified benchmark? Journal of European Real Estate Research, 10(3), pp. 366–383. doi:10.1108/JERER-11-2016-0042.
- Moss, A., Clare, A., Seaton, J. and Thomas, S. (2017). The Blended Approach to Real Estate Allocations: Performance Implications of Combining an Exposure to German Spezialfonds with Global Listed Real Estate Securities. Alternative Investment Analysts' Review.
- Lux, N. and Moss, A. (2016). Liquidity in global real estate securities markets. Journal of Property Investment & Finance, 34(4), pp. 321–346. doi:10.1108/JPIF-11-2015-0078.
- Moss, A. and Farrelly, K. (2015). The performance of a blended real estate portfolio for UK DC investors. Journal of Property Investment & Finance, 33(2), pp. 156–168. doi:10.1108/JPIF-10-2014-0064.
- Moss, A. and Farrelly, K. (2014). BLENDING PUBLIC AND PRIVATE REAL ESTATE ALLOCATIONS FOR DEFINED CONTRIBUTION PENSION FUNDS: A U.K. CASE STUDY. Journal of Real Estate Literature, 20(3), pp. 137–150.
- Moss, A. and Lux, N. (2014). The impact of liquidity on the valuation of European real estate securities. Journal of European Real Estate Research, 7(2), pp. 139–157. doi:10.1108/JERER-12-2013-0026.
- Moss, A. (2017). REIT Research Compendium. London: Consilia Capital.
- Moss, A. and Baum, A. (2013). Are listed real estate stocks managed as part of the real estate allocation?.
- Moss, A. and Primer, A.D. Asia Pacific Listed Real Estate: A Contextual Performance Analysis..
- Hoesli, M., Milcheva, S. and Moss, A. Real Estate Company Reactions to Financial Market Regulation.