Real Estate Research Centre
Building the bridge between theory and practice.
We aim to provide a dynamic link between the academic community and practitioners involved in real estate, and build on the foundations of existing rigorous academic research.
Message from the Dean
Real estate has long been integral to Cass – and our education, research and community missions. This Centre will further cement and enhance its role with the practitioner community, while enabling increased visibility and benefits to our students. We look forward to your engaging with the Centre and in its future development.
Dean and Professor of Finance, Cass Business School
Introduction from the Centre Director
I am delighted to welcome you to the Real Estate Research Centre. Commercial Real Estate is currently undergoing a whole series of cyclical and structural challenges, which means that the need for innovative and fresh thinking across disciplines has never been greater. We are at the forefront of this change and we look forward to engaging with you in this process.
Director, Real Estate Research Centre, Cass Business School
Aims and Objectives of the Real Estate Research Centre at Cass
The Centre’s purpose is to provide a dynamic link between the academic community and practitioners involved in real estate. Its aim is to build on the foundations of existing rigorous research, with a particular focus on real estate finance. By integrating existing real estate expertise within the broader finance and management capabilities at Cass, we aim to provide wider and deeper perspectives and insights across all aspects of real estate and real estate finance.
The Centre's objectives are to
- Establish a forum for dialogue with researchers in the industry, and production of collaborative projects
- Produce reports on a commissioned and ad hoc basis on under-researched areas of industry interest
- Host events on topical issues for the industry
- Publish periodic Research Activity Reports
- Facilitate the production of academic papers for publication in journal and conferences
- Offer dedicated Executive Education courses for industry practitioners.