MARC Our People
Scott Moeller leads the Centre.
Director Scott Moeller is a Professor in the Practice of Finance at Cass Business School, a former investment banker with Morgan Stanley and Deutsche Bank and consultant at Booz, Allen & Hamilton (now Booz & Co).
His most recent book (co-authored with Michel Driessen and Anna Faelten) is in The Economist business book series and was published in September 2016: Why Deals Fail & How to Rescue Them: M&A Lessons for Deal Success. He is also the author of Surviving M&A: Make the Most of Your Company Being Acquired (John Wiley, 2009) and co-author of best-selling Intelligent M&A: Navigating the Mergers and Acquisitions Minefield (John Wiley, 2007).
MARC draws on the expertise of other faculty members from disciplines right across Cass. M&A practitioners and faculty from other leading business schools around the world also actively contribute their experience and knowledge to MARC's research and work with the Centre.
- Dr Naaguesh Appadu (Research Fellow)
- Lucy Green (PA to Director)
- Professor Sudi Sudarsanam
- Dr Anh Tran (Academic Director)
- Dr Valeriya Vitkova (Researcher)
- Ms Fujiao Xie (Researcher)
- Scott Moeller
- Professor Meziane Lasfer's research covers many areas of M&A and he is a teacher of the topic
- Professor Mario Levis is known for his academic and professional work on IPOs, private equity and equity trading strategies.
- John Richardson, a Visiting Fellow in the Faculty of Finance, teaches corporate finance, valuation and risk, and provides advice to international banks and large corporate clients
- Dr Sotiris Staikouras is an expert on asset-liability management for financial institutions
- Professor Steve Thomas conducts research focusing on the areas of risk management, financial markets and corporate finance, including valuations
- Dr Anh Tran's research interests are in empirical corporate finance, including mergers and acquisitions, executive compensation, capital structure and corporate governance, amongst others
- Professor Paolo Volpin is the Head of the Faculty of Finance at Cass and researches corporate finance, particularly the field of corporate governance
- Professor Laura Empson's research explores the broad theme of how professional service organisations, and the individuals within them, respond to and manage change, including from the perspective of managing the post-merger integration process in these firms
- Professor Igor Filatotchev conducts research focusing on corporate governance effects on entrepreneurship development, strategic decisions and organisational change
- Professor Bob Garratt, a Visiting Professor in Organisational Behaviour & Human Resource Management, has worked on board development and evaluation at newly merged companies, as well as on the measurement and development of different organisational cultures
- Professor Alan Giles, an Honorary Visiting Professor in the Faculty of Management, is the Chairman of Fat Face and former Chief Executive of HMV Group
- Dr Gianvito Lanzolla works in the strategy area including corporate renewal and organising for strategic transformation, especially in the TMT sector
- Professor Georges Selim is a Professor (Emeritus) of Internal Auditing and the former Head of the Management Faculty; he assists with the corporate governance issues of M&A
- Professor David Sims conducts research in leadership issues in post-merger integration as well as deal process leadership
- Professor Roger Steare, a Visiting Professor of Organisational Ethics, teaches on the Cass Executive MBA programme
- Duncan Angwin, Professor of Strategy, Department of Business and Management, Oxford Brookes University Business School, was formerly assistant director of an international merchant bank, specialising in cross-border mergers and acquisitions, and is active in researching and consulting in mergers and acquisitions as well as strategic management, has links with numerous firms and is a visiting professor at a number of international business schools
- Dr Andrey Golubov, Assistant Professor of Finance, Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto, was formerly the Academic Director of the M&A Research Centre at Cass Business School, and studies how firms make investment and financing decisions, particularly those involving corporate control considerations
- Professor Philip Molyneux, Professor in Banking and Finance and Head of Bangor Business School at Bangor University, has research interests which focus on the structural features of banking systems, modelling bank performance and wealth management
- Professor Sudi Sudarsanam, Emeritus Professor of Finance & Corporate Control, School of Management, Cranfield University, has research interests in corporate restructuring, mergers and acquisitions and corporate strategy
Take a look at the MARC advisory board.