2nd Digital Transformation and Strategy Forum
10 September 2018, Cass Business School, London, United Kingdom
Forum Co-Chairs: Gianvito Lanzolla, Elena Novelli
The Forum featured two panels that explored the topics of "Digital transformations and strategy" and "Digital transformation, risk and governance".
The Forum also showcased papers which focus on the following topics:
- Digital transformation and competitive dynamics;
- Digital transformation and the scope of the firm;
- Knowledge and strategies in ecosystems and in a digitally transformed world;
- Artificial intelligence, distributed ledgers and firms' strategy;
- Digital transformation: Business models and entrepreneurship - special track chaired by Raffaello Balocco (Politecnico di Milano School of Management and Digital Innovation Observatories), Antonio Ghezzi (Politecnico di Milano School of Management and Digital Innovation Observatories) and Cristina Rossi-Lamastra (Politecnico di Milano School of Management).
The Forum also offered the opportunity to meet some of the Editors of three journals’ special issues related to the topic of the Forum, and to discuss potential submissions: “Digital Transformation: What is new if anything?” (Academy of Management Discoveries), “Managing Digital Transformation: In search of new principles” (California Management Review); "Corporate Strategy and the Theory of the Firm in the Digital Age (Journal of Management Studies).
Please download the full programme here
1st Digital Transformation and Strategy Forum
2 June 2017, Cass Business School
City, University of London, United Kingdom
Digital information processing and communication technologies are substantially changing the way in which firms operate as well as the way in which they interact with other firms and with the external environment. A key question to date only partially addressed in the strategy and in the technology and innovation management literature revolves around the extent to which some of the core assumptions made, and conclusions reached, by extant research are still valid in a business world profoundly being transformed by digital technologies.
The 1st Digital Transformation and Strategy Forum brought together at Cass Business School leading scholars and practitioners to discuss about Digital Transformation in connection with ecosystems, entrepreneurship and innovation, value creation and value capturing.
Please download the conference programme here.
Scale, Scope and Firm Boundaries in Technology-Based Industries: Novel Reflections and Directions for Future Research
In February 2016, Dr. Elena Novelli invited academics, senior managers and start-up entrepreneurs to participate in the panel event "Scale and Scope: How Important is a Company's Size and Business Scope to Succeed in Today's Business and Technological Environment?"