A digital archive of research and enterprise output produced by City staff is available at City Research Online. Below is a selection of publications from the Centre for Creativity.
Research publications since October 2012 include:
- Ahmed N. & Jones S., 2012, 'Understanding The Communication Context Of Successful High-Tech New Product Development, Proceedings 9th International Symposium on Tools and Methods of Competitive Engineering (TMCE2012)
- Bozic N., Holtham C. Meltzer C. & Schreubel I., 2013, 'Art as Process: Process as Art' City University London ISBN 978-1-900004-78-7
- De Rooij, A., Broekens, J., and Lamers, M.H. (2013) Abstract Expressions of Affect. International Journal of Synthetic Emotions, 4(1), 1-31
- De Rooij A. & Jones S., (2013), 'Mood and Creativity: An Appraisal Tendency Perspective', Proceedings 9th ACM Conference on Creativity and Cognition, Australia, June 2013, 362-365
- De Rooij A. & Jones S., (2015), '(E)Motion and Creativity: Hacking the Function of Motor Expressions in Emotion Regulation to Augment Creativity' Proceedings of the Ninth International Conference on Tangible, Embedded, and Embodied Interaction, USA, January 2015, 145-152
- Dove G., Jones S., Dykes J., Brown A. & Duffy A (2013), 'Using Data Visualization in Creativity Workshops: A New Tool in the Designer's Kit', Proceedings 9th ACM Conference on Creativity and Cognition, Australia, June 2013, 304-307
- Dove G. & Jones S., (2012), 'Narrative Visualization: Sharing Insights into Complex Data' Proceedings IADIS International Conference Interfaces and Human Computer Interaction, Lisbon, July 2012
- Dove G. & Jones S., (2013), 'Evaluating Creativity Support in Co-Design Workshops', in Proceedings of Evaluation Methods for Creativity Support Environments workshop at CHI2013 Paris May 2013, ACM Press
- Goodwin, S., Dykes, J., Jones, S., Dillingham, I., Dove, G., Duffy, A., Kachkaev, A., Slingsby, A and Wood J., (2013), 'Creative User-Centred Visualization Design for Energy Analysts and Modelers', IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics, 19(12), 2516-2525
- Hollis B. & Maiden N.A.M., (2013), 'Extending Agile Processes with Creativity Techniques', IEEE Software 30(5), 78-84
- Holtham, C. & Rich M., (2012), 'Non-formal management learning through electronic experiential fiction', Journal of Management Development 31(3), 287-297
- Holtham C., Owens A. & Dove A., (2012), 'Building on cultural spaces and places for enhancing the intuitive capabilities of students of business and management', Art, Design and Communication in Higher Education, 10(2), 163-178
- Maiden N.A.M., D'Souza S., Jones S., Muller L., Panesse L., Pitts K., Prilla M., Pudney K., Rose M., Turner I. & Zachos K., (2013), 'Computing Technologies for Reflective and Creative Care for People with Dementia', Communications of the ACM 56(11), 60-67
- Nouri M. & Maiden N.A.M., 2013, 'Exploring Associations between the Work Environment and Creative Design Processes', Proceedings 8th Knowledge, Information and Creativity Support Systems Conference, November 2013, 449-460.
- Patterson, F., Kerrin, M. and Zibarras, L. (2013). Employee Innovation. In Pitsis, T., Simpson, A. & Dehlin, E. (Eds)Handbook of Organizational and Managerial Innovation. Edward Elgar
- Patterson, F. and Kerrin, M. (in press). Characteristics and behaviours associated with innovative people in SMEs. In Chell, E. & Karatas-Ozkan, M.(Eds)Handbook in Research in Entrepreneurship and Small Business Edward Elgar
- Sisajica A. & Maiden N., (2013), 'An Emerging Model of Creative Game-based Learning', 4th International Conference on Serious Games Development and Applications, September 2013, Trondheim, Norway - proceedings in Springer LNCS 8101)
- Sisarica A., Maiden N.A.M., Morosini D., Panesse L., Pudney K & Rose M., (2013), 'Creativity Support in a Serious Game for Dementia Care', Proceedings 9th ACM Creativity and Cognition Conference, 349-352
- Sustar H. Jones S. & Dearden, A., (2013), 'Older People as Equal Partners in Creative Design', Proceedings SouthCHI Slovenia 2013, LNCS 7946, 649-656
- Thompson C., Maiden N.A.M., Nouri M. & Zachos K., 2013, 'Evoking Emotion through Stories in Creative Dementia Care', Proceedings 8th Knowledge, Information and Creativity Support Systems Conference, November 2013, 635-646
- Webster S., Zachos K. & Maiden N.A.M., (2013), 'An Emerging Computational Model of Flow Spaces to Support Social Creativity', Proceedings 5th International Conference on Computational Creativity, 198-202
- Webster S., Zachos K. & Maiden N.A.M., (2013), 'Web-Enabled Creativity: A Social Process', Proceedings Creativity and Attention in the Age of the Web Workshop at ACM Web Science, May 1st 2013, Paris, France
- Wilkins A. Holtham C., (2012), 'Organisational Creativity: Building a Business Ba-Haus?'' Creative Education 3(6A), 737-745
- Wilkins A., Stuart-Cox, K, (2013), 'Dealing with problems'. In Pullan, P., and Archer, J. 'Business Analysis and Leadership: Influencing Change', Kogan Page, London
- Zachos K., Maiden N.A.M., Pitts K., Jones S., Turner I., Rose M., Pudney K. & MacManus J., (2013), 'Digital Creativity in Dementia Care Support', International Journal of Creative Computing 1(1), 35-56
- Zachos K., Maiden N.A.M., Pitts K., Jones S., Turner I., Rose M., Pudney K. & MacManus J., (2013), 'A Software App to Support Creativity in Dementia Care', Proceedings 9th ACM Creativity and Cognition Conference, 124-131
- Zachos K. & Maiden N.A.M., (2013), 'A Computational Model of Analogical Reasoning in Dementia Care', Proceedings 5th International Conference on Computational Creativity, 57-64
A digital archive of research and enterprise output produced by City University London staff is available at City Research Online.
Research publications prior to October 2012 include:
- Karlsen K., Maiden N.A.M., Kerne A., 2009, "Inventing Requirements with Creativity Support Tools", Proceedings 15th International Working Conference, REFSQ'2009, Lecture Notes on Computer Science LNCS 5512, 162-174.
- Zachos K. & Maiden N.A.M., 2008, 'Inventing Requirements from Software: An Empirical Investigation with Web Services', Proceedings 16th IEEE International Conference on Requirements Engineering, IEEE Computer Society Press, 145-154.
- Kovacevic A., Rakocevic V., Wilinska A., 'Social and Technical Aspects of an Academic Virtual Enterprise in the Global Market', International conference on engineering and product design education, September 2008, Universitat Politechnica de Catalunya, Barcelona, Spain
- Jones, S., Lynch, P., Maiden, N.A.M. and Lindstaedt, S., 'Use and Influence of Creative Ideas and Requirements for a Work-Integrated Learning System', in Proceedings RE08, 16th International Requirements Engineering Conference, Barcelona, Catalunya, Spain, September 8-12, IEEE Computer Society Press, pp 289 - 294, 2008.
- Jones, S. and Fields, B., 'Shareable Interfaces for the Promotion of Creativity in an Educational Environment', in Proceedings of the Shareable Interfaces for Learning Workshop, 11-12th September 2008.
- Jones, S. and Lindstaedt, S., 'A Multi-Activity Distributed Participatory Design Process for Stimulating Creativity in the Specification of requirements for a Work-Integrated Learning System', presented at the Proceedings of the Workshop on Distributed Participatory Design, held in association with CHI 2008.
- Kovacevic A., Rakocevic V., 'Competence Development in an International Product Design Course', International Design Conference- Design May 2008, Dubrovnik.
- Kovacevic A., Rakocevic V., Exarchou K., Jeshani M., 'Teaching an Engineering Design Course in an Interdisciplinary International Academic Virtual Environment', International conference on engineering and product design education 13-14 September 2007, Northumbria University, Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom.
- Jones, S., Maiden N.A.M., and Karlsen K., "Creativity in the Specification of Large-Scale Socio-Technical Systems", in Proceedings of CREATE 2007, the conference on Creative Inventions, Innovations and Everyday Designs in HCI, 13-14 June 2007, London, UK, D. Golightly, T. Rose, B.L.W.Wong and A. Light (eds), pp 41-46, Ergonomics Society, 2007.
- Maiden N.A.M., Ncube C. & Robertson S., 2007, 'Can Requirements Be Creative? Experiences with an Enhanced Air Space Management System', Proceedings 28th International Conference on Software Engineering, ACM Press, 632-641.
- Jones, S., Maiden N.A.M., and Karlsen K., 'Creativity in the Specification of Large-Scale Socio-Technical Systems', in Proceedings of CREATE 2007, the conference on Creative Inventions, Innovations and Everyday Designs in HCI, 13-14 June 2007, London, UK, D. Golightly, T. Rose, B.L.W.Wong and A. Light (eds), pp 41 - 46, Ergonomics Society, 2007.
- Maiden N.A.M. & Robertson S., 2005, 'Developing Use Cases and Scenarios in the Requirements Process', Proceedings 26th International Conference on Software Engineering, ACM Press, 561-570.
- Maiden N., Robertson S. & Gizikis A., 2004, 'Provoking Creativity: Imagine What Your Requirements Could be Like', IEEE Software , September/October 2004, 21(5), 68-75.