New Chief Executives
Our New Chief Executives Programme (NCE) is ideal for busy nonprofit CEOs who want to stretch their learning, and to step up to the many demands and challenges of the role
All of our part-time charities master’s degrees, professional development programmes and events are being delivered online during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. We will be using different platforms and programme formats in order to ensure that all our programmes offer a high-quality, varied and engaging learning experience.
The latest information about City, University of London’s response to the pandemic can be found on the students and visitors page.
Our staff, consultants and faculty remain dedicated to supporting our clients during this challenging time; please feel free to reach out with any questions or requests to CCE@city.ac.uk.
Dates for the 2021/22 programme will be advertised soon.
Register your interest in the New Chief Executives programme and we will contact you when more information is available.
The cost of the 2021/22 programme will be advertised soon.
This programme fee covers the ten half-day online workshops, three half-day online Action Learning Sets, and all programme materials and administration.
The programme will be co-facilitated by programme leaders Christine Fogg and Tammy Tawadros. You will also hear from a range of other external speakers and sector experts.
Christine is a consultant and visiting fellow within CCE, where she has worked for over ten years. She specialises in coaching, mentoring and facilitation, organisational capacity building and leadership development.
Tammy is a consultant and visiting lecturer with CCE. She is an executive coach, organisational consultant and work psychologist. Tammy has many years’ experience of the design and delivery of a broad range of leadership, organisational development and culture change initiatives.
Supported by the Worshipful Company of Management Consultants Charitable fund, the funding arm of The Worshipful Company of Management Consultants (registered charity number 1059212).
Why choose our New Chief Executives programme?
This flagship programme has been completely redesigned using a series of fresh, engaging, and highly participative, live online modules delivered by CCE's leadership development specialist tutors, with contributions from other subject matter experts and current nonprofit CEOs. The programme combines online workshops, action learning sets and other course materials and activities to support reflection, interactive group and peer learning, and the practical application of new thinking to emerging and real-world challenges.
“Loved it. Great to have some time to reflect on myself, my organisation, my style of leadership. I really enjoyed the psychological elements and learning.”
- Eugenie Harvey, Chief Executive, The Funding Network
Who should attend?
The NCE programme has been designed specifically for new chief executives who are currently employed within the voluntary, community and social enterprise sector, with up to two years' experience in the role. To be eligible for the programme you will need to be reporting directly to a trustee board and leading a team of staff.
If you are unsure about your eligibility for this programme please contact us at CCE@city.ac.uk
What you will gain
- Develop your leadership presence, your personal leadership capability, and build your confidence to lead with agility.
- Expand your repertoire of abilities and skills in complex adaptive leadership -understand how to improve organisational effectiveness through operational flexibility, responsive financial leadership, and sustainable strategy.
- Hone your virtual leadership abilities- enhance your online presence, communication and leadership of remote teams.
- Build an enduring peer support network for your ongoing development and your future career.
- Appraise the role of chief executive, understand the behaviour and qualities required of the role and stretch yourself in your current role.
- Determine how to shape an organisation through positive relationships, dialogue and action, enabling you to influence the chair and board, to engage stakeholders, and to incorporate diversity, inclusion and equity.
- Be inspired by the career experiences of successful nonprofit chief executives and get robust coaching from peers on how to apply these leadership frameworks to the practical challenges you face in the workplace.
“Undoubtedly the best training course I have ever done! Truly inspirational challenging and emotional. Thank you!”
- Roger Clark, Chief Executive, West London Mission