We aspire to see a voluntary, community and social enterprise sector constantly extending its own knowledge boundaries and driving performance excellence – whilst developing and inspiring the next generation of leaders.
Our enduring mission is to drive transformation in the sector. We constantly seek to innovate and to deliver sustainable change through our charity training and events, our consultancy and business services and our applied research, to support the sector in the UK and internationally.
We are the nonprofit sector’s academic hub. We are the place where charity leaders can gain world class Master’s degrees, and meet and network with peers and share their experiences and ideas.
Our inspirational alumni lead some of the UK’s most successful charities and return regularly for professional development, consultancy services and networking. They are core to delivering our ongoing mission to drive transformation within the sector and society.
Our values set us apart and are fundamental to everything that we do:
- We deliver independence of thought and action
- We show integrity in maintaining our position as critical friend to our colleagues, clients and users
- We are outcomes-led focussing on the best interest of the learner, their organisation and in particular its users and beneficiaries
- We are consistent in our approach whilst adopting a loose / tight mentality to ensure clients’ needs are always met or exceeded
- We will turn down opportunities which we believe do not support our values
Cass CCE was formed in 2004 through a partnership between Cass Business School and The Worshipful Company of Management Consultants. It is based on the vision of its founding director, Professor Ian Bruce, who wanted the voluntary and community sector to enjoy the qualities of leadership and management development that he had experienced in the private sector.
Professor Paul Palmer took over as Director of the Centre in January 2010 bringing a wealth of academic and practitioner experience. Cass CCE is currently led by Professor Palmer with Alex Skailes, Director, Consulting & Professional Development, and Dr Peter Grant, Director of the Cass Charities Master’s programme.