Inspiring Financial Leadership
Charity finance professional's will learn the latest leadership principles with some practical advice to take them to the next stage of their leadership journey over this 8 day training programme.
17 March 2020
Due to the current situation with COVID-19, and to ensure the safety of staff, students and delegates, teaching at Cass Business School has been suspended for the rest of the academic year.
As a consequence, Cass CCE are postponing all events and professional development programmes, due to take place in April, May or June until the autumn. A decision regarding events scheduled to take place in July will be made as soon as we have more information on how the situation is likely to unfold.
If you have already registered for a programme or event, we will be in touch individually once alternate dates are available. Please be assured that any fees paid will be carried over to the revised dates.
We are grateful for your patience at this difficult time for everyone.
Centre for Charity Effectiveness
We are pleased to announce the dates for the 2019/20 series of our Inspiring Financial Leadership programme. The modules, each with their own guest speaker, will take place on the following dates:
- Module 1: Leadership from the finance function - Thursday 3rd October 2019 with Simon Hopkins, Director of Finance, Resources and Operations, Woldingham School
- Module 2: Coaching for empowerment - Tuesday 5th November 2019 with Nicki Deeson, Finance Director, Amnesty International
- Module 3: Vision and culture - Tuesday 10th December 2019 with Lisa Burger, Executive Director, National Theatre
- Module 4: Leading change - Wednesday 22nd January 2020 with Tom Beardmore-Gray, Chief Executive, The Cothill Trust
- Module 5: Communication - Tuesday 25th February 2020 with Paula Laird, Director of Finance and IT, WaterAid
- Module 6: Motivating self and others - Thursday 19th March 2020 with Steve Harris, CFO, Barts Charity
- Module 7: Wellbeing and resilience - Wednesday 22nd April 2020 with Kate Lee, Chief Executive, CLIC Sargent
- Module 8: Leading and influencing high performing teams - Wednesday 20th May 2020 with Caron Bradshaw, Chief Executive, Charity Finance Group
Please visit the Inspiring Financial Leadership web page to book your place on this programme.
The programme leaders, Maggie Smith and Judith Miller, will explore a different topic in each module, with one module taking place per month from October 2019 through to May 2020.
Who should attend?
This course is for people who have responsibility for leading the management of a charity's finances or contribute to strategic development and planning. The course is for those people who wish to improve the effectiveness of their leadership skills and develop their careers to the next stage.
Inspiring Financial Leadership Programme structure
Drawing on robust leadership research and grounded in the challenges that finance professionals face, this course creates a unique blend of learning that combines the latest leadership principles with practical advice and support from finance leaders in the sector.
This is an interactive course which uses a mix of practical experience, research and best practice. The modules allow participants to practice proven models and practical techniques in a supportive environment which they can then apply in their own organisations. Discussions will be focused on real situations and issues facing the participants.