Inspiring Financial Leadership
Why choose Inspiring Financial Leadership?
A unique leadership programme for charity finance professionals, the Inspiring Financial Leadership series has been developed in partnership with Charity Finance Group and Sayer Vincent. The programme leaders, Maggie Smith and Judith Miller, will explore a different topic in each module, with one module taking place per month from October 2019 through to May 2020.
We are pleased to announce the dates for the 2019/20 series of our Inspiring Financial Leadership programme. The modules, each with their own guest speaker, will take place on the following dates:
- Module 1: Leadership from the finance function - Thursday 3rd October 2019 with Simon Hopkins, Director of Finance, Resources and Operations, Woldingham School
- Module 2: Coaching for empowerment - Tuesday 5th November 2019 with Nicki Deeson, Finance Director, Amnesty International
- Module 3: Vision and culture - Tuesday 10th December 2019 with Lisa Burger, Executive Director, National Theatre
- Module 4: Leading change - Wednesday 22nd January 2020 with Tom Beardmore-Gray, Chief Executive, The Cothill Trust
- Module 5: Communication - Tuesday 25th February 2020 with Paula Laird, Director of Finance and IT, WaterAid
- Module 6: Motivating self and others - Thursday 19th March 2020 with Steve Harris, CFO, Barts Charity
- Module 7: Wellbeing and resilience - Wednesday 22nd April 2020 with Kate Lee, Chief Executive, CLIC Sargent
- Module 8: Leading and influencing high performing teams - Wednesday 20th May 2020 with Caron Bradshaw, Chief Executive, Charity Finance Group
Who should attend
This course is for people who have responsibility for leading the management of a charity's finances or contribute to strategic development and planning. The course is for those people who wish to improve the effectiveness of their leadership skills and develop their careers to the next stage.
How to apply
Please visit the Inspiring Financial Leadership web page to book your place on this programme.
About the programme
Drawing on robust leadership research and grounded in the challenges that finance professionals face, this course creates a unique blend of learning that combines the latest leadership principles with practical advice and support from finance leaders in the sector.
This is an interactive course which uses a mix of practical experience, research and best practice. The modules allow participants to practice proven models and practical techniques in a supportive environment which they can then apply in their own organisations. Discussions will be focused on real situations and issues facing the participants.