- Interview on Post Bank – Financial Times 2019
- Inteview on Brexit – El Pais 2019
- New report was published on Post-Brexit - City, University of London 2019
Research by the Centre for Banking Research scholars found that although there are some indicators that a post-Brexit London may lose some of its financial services business to EU competitors such as Paris and Frankfurt, there are clear competitive advantages to operating in the City which will be difficult to replace – at least in the short term.
- Comments on Bank Lending – Quartz 2019
- Professor Rym Ayadi was elected Chair of the Banking Stakeholders Group of the European Banking Authority - 2019
Cass Business School is delighted to announce that CBR Honorary Visiting Professor Rym Ayadi, Founding President of the Euro-Mediterranean Economists Association (EMEA) and Director of the Euro-Mediterranean Network for Economic Studies (EMNES), has been elected Chair of the Banking Stakeholders Group (BSG) of the European Banking Authority (EBA).
Read the press release by City, University of London.
- Professor Thorsten Beck has been appointed a full member of the Advisory Scientific Committee of the European Systematic Risk Board - 2018
Cass Business School is delighted to announce that Professor Thostern Beck has been appointed as a full member of the Advisory Scientific Committee (ASC) of the European Systematic Risk Board. The committee consists of 15 experts representing a wide range of skills, experience and expertise. The ASC contributes to the public debate on macroprudential policy by publishing reports. Past contributions include calls for: credible bank resolution; a European capital markets union; and enhanced disclosure of carbon-intensive assets.
Read the press release by City Press Office.
- Interview on Deutsche Bank payment error story – Bloomberg 2018
- Featured in “Professor’s Picks” – Financial Times 2018
- Quoted in discussing African banks and ‘Africapitalism’ – The Economist 2018
- Interview on Italian budget crisis – AFP 2018
- Comments on Shadow Banking – S&P Global 2018
- Comments on the 10th anniversary of the collapse of Lehman Brothers – Global Banking and Finance Review 2018
Dr Francesc Rodriguez-Tous issued comments on the 10th anniversary of the collapse of Lehman Brothers which were picked up by UK and European finance media including Fintech Finance, GoingPublic.de, Global Banking and Finance Review and Finanzwelt Online.
- Our Workshop was covered – Global Banking and Finance Review 2018
The International Workshop on Financial System Architecture and Stability (IWFSAS), organised by the Centre for Banking Research, was covered by Global Banking and Finance Review.
- Interview on “Financial implications of Brexit” - RAI News 2018
Professor Barbara Casu Lukac was interviewed by RAI News (the Italian equivalent of the BBC) about the financial implications of Brexit. Her research on into board diversity and banking was covered by Financial News, EduBourse, Business Community and Finanzia Operativa.
- Book Review: The Great Economists: How Their Ideas Can Help us Today – FT Adviser 2018
- Book review: Austerity vs Stimulus – FT Adviser 2018
- Book review: Principles of sound management - FT Adviser 2018
- New report was published on UK Post Bank - City, University of London 2017
Research by Professor Barbara Casu Lukac, Dr Angela Gallo and Dr Francesc Rodriguez Tous in the Centre for Banking Research found that establishing a state-owned UK Post Bank would ensure the long-term sustainability of the Post Office by diversifying its portfolio of activities and increasing revenues. The research was commissioned by the Communications Workers Union.
The research was covered exclusively by The Guardian and was covered by the Irish Independent, Irish Times, Private Eye, Politics Home, the Daily Record and Mortgage Solutions. It was also shared with an extensive list of parliamentarians and other stakeholders and was mentioned in a Westminster Hall debate by the Rt Hon Iain Duncan Smith MP.
Read the full report.
- Interview on Fintech – Bloomberg 2017
Dr Angela Gallo gave an interview to Bloomberg (not published yet) on Fintech
- Comments on Brexit and The City - Global Finance Magazine 2017
- Comments on the implications of triggering Article 50 – Forbes 2017
Professors Barbara Casu Lukac and Professor Thorsten Beck provided comment on the implications of triggering Article 50 for business, finance and banking in Forbes, El Pais and La Lettre économique Et Politique de PACA.
- TV Appearance – BBC World and BBC News 24 2017
Professor Thorsten Beck appeared on BBC World and BBC News 24, commenting on US banking results and shareholder expectations.
- Interview on The Fred Goodwin and Royal Bank of Scotland trial – Bloomberg 2017
- Interview on Brexit – Telegiormale 2017
- Comments on European politics – II Foglio 2017
- Interview on Brexit – National Public Radio 2017
- Interview on Islamic Finance in Africa – Economist 2017
- Interview on Car Finance Bubble – S&P Global 2017